Advice Request How to remove or hide the VS (Cyberlock) widget from desktop

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

minhgi

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
Is there way to remove or hide the VS widget from the desktop? Just want to keep my desktop clean since I have icon in my system tray already. I have the Pro version.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Sorry. Found the option to hide the widget.
You found it. Good.

For those who still don't know, right click on the icon and select "Hide Desktop Shield". (y) Additionally, users may also wish to go to Settings > Basic > disable "Enable balloon notification and user prompts", and in UI Tweaks > disable "Display simple user and mini prompts" if you previously enabled it.

Please note: Part of the above answer was incorrect. It should read:

Additionally, users may also wish to go to Settings > Basic > disable "Deny by Default - Uncheck to show prompt instead of balloon", and in UI Tweaks > disable "Display simple user and mini prompts" if you previously enabled it. This will give you only the prompt with the VoodooAI and Whitelist Cloud verdict regarding the file and not the useless blinking balloon notifiction that usually precedes it.

IMO the simple mini and user prompts option is also worthless.

Last edited:

minhgi

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
You found it. Good.

For those who still don't know, right click on the icon and select "Hide Desktop Shield". (y) Additionally, users may also wish to go to Settings > Basic > disable "Enable balloon notification and user prompts", and in UI Tweaks > disable "Display simple user and mini prompts" if you previously enabled it.
lol. this information could have been helpful. just spend thirty minutes tinkering and finding the options.

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
lol. this information could have been helpful. just spend thirty minutes tinkering and finding the options.
I wasn't able to respond to your thread until later.

BTW, I just edited part of my original post above. Sorry if the mistake caused any inconvenience. 🙏

Last edited:

minhgi

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
I wasn't able to respond to your thread until later.

BTW, I just edited part of my original post above. Sorry if the mistake caused any inconvenience. 🙏
Yeah. Ur information is quite useful. Maybe other new users might need this formation when doing a forum search.

BTW. Past voodooshield version used to use VirusTotal as part of the service. I don't see it as it being use as main features for the blacklist anti-virus.

Reactions: oldschool

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah. Ur information is quite useful. Maybe other new users might need this formation when doing a forum search.

BTW. Past voodooshield version used to use VirusTotal as part of the service. I don't see it as it being use as main features for the blacklist anti-virus.
Dan could answer this better... fwiw I think that as Dan developed WLC and VoodooAi, VS/CL relies less (or stopped relying on VT) although the interface offers Get a Second Opinion and that will open browser to VT perhaps sending at least the hash. That's what I think / suspect is happening.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.