Advice Request How to watch YouTube without being tracked by Google?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes I've read this blog about avira BS too. I don't know what kind of suspicious request he was looking for with fiddler, but, to do its job, Avira need to know the domain you are requesting.
If I recall, at the time, Avast bundled their SafePrice with Online Security (extension). This was the same service Avira used for their Price Comparison, which is currently included in Avira Browser Safety.
Related Article by HTG: Avast Antivirus Was Spying On You with Adware (Until This Week)
Avast's Response: Avast Antivirus Was Spying On You with Adware (Until This Week)

Reactions: lab34

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Yes you're right Spawn. You can disabling Price Comparison at installation in Avira BS.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Noticed you don't have a Security Config thread, what Antivirus do you use?
Have but some time back. No updating that's all.

I'm using default Windows Defender and Crystal Security with this tablet I'm posting

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Thank you, I was searching on all my browser and did not retrieve this damn thing. I was sure I had seen it before. (before=last week)

Reactions: frogboy

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
You could always use Tor or I2P to browse Youtube. I haven't used either for a good number of years so I can't tell you if Youtube will work on either service nowadays. Still might be worth a shot.
I believe Tor and I2P are good for net anonymity(IP hiding). I also know Tor uses only 1 or 2 extensions only but browser tracking can be done in many ways and fingerprinting is one of them independent of your IP address

Not so sure how effective Tor/I2P is against fingerprinting

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Same for me, I've tried one year ago and remember it was super slow. I thought I were back in the 56k era...

Reactions: frogboy

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
There are many reasons why Tor is slower than a normal connection. One of these relates to the structure of the network: the traffic hops from one node to another one and the delays add up..
It is the price to pay to obtain the anonymity
Agreed. Better to use Double Hop VPN which is faster and some VPN also come with anti-fingerprinting features

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Not sure if covered but having ADguard installed at the system can help you from being tracked as well.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
For those who want to see what fingerprints are on the webpage you can read and use Chameleon as a chrome extension below

Chameleon highlights and protects you from browser fingerprinting in Chrome - gHacks Tech News

GitHub - ghostwords/chameleon: Browser fingerprinting protection for everybody.

and the new ScriptSafe has fingerprint protection features

Edit - You can test whether Chameleon is working or not here. If you use any canvas blocker extension then the counter will not show up on Chameleon

Am I unique?

Last edited:

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Reactions: Ink and lab34

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017

Attachments

• firefox.JPG
    firefox.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 405
  • chromium.JPG
    chromium.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 347
Reactions: frogboy and Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Reactions: frogboy and lab34

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
For Chrome there are 2 versions

Avira Browser Safety - No Pricing Comparison
Avira Safe Shopping - Come with Pricing Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.