Huawei P40

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The Huawei P40 family features three different devices; the Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro and, a new addition to the line-up for 2020, the Huawei P40 Pro Plus. These three handsets feature top-end specs to try and combat the Samsung Galaxy S20, Google Pixel 4, and devices like the upcoming iPhone 12 and OnePlus 8. But keep in mind that Huawei’s app selection is lacking compared to those alternatives.
The Huawei P40 is set to hit stores in some regions on April 7, at a cost of €799 (around $870 / £730 / AU$1,450), with the Huawei P40 Pro arriving on the same day for €999 (roughly $1,100 / £900 / AU$1,800). The Huawei P40 Pro Plus meanwhile isn't scheduled to land until June and will cost €1,399 (approximately $1,500 / £1,300 / AU$2,500).

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
For many people around in this country anyway, money ain't the actual issue as otherwise not even common people would get this type of phones and even the much much more expensive ones. Many also get their phone from work as the company get so called tax deduction on essential tools for their employees. I highly doubt the whole smart phone market would be such a huge success unless the economic system made it easy for people to get their hands on the latest version on what ever brand they fancy. The sell numbers are staggering either one like it or not and I fully understand other companies get worried.
What I personal find more interesting is the path away from Google and how that will impact, specially here in Europe. Even though, last time I checked Huaweis own app store I was pretty surprised considering how many of my own installed and in use apps is available and up to date. As mentioned in the review video, that will hopefully improve.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
For many people around in this country anyway, money ain't the actual issue as otherwise not even common people would get this type of phones and even the much much more expensive ones.
Of course many people don't buy their phones outright, but buy them on a plan and pay them off over a few years. Otherwise a lot more people would use budget phones. In my case, I'm happy to use a budget phone, as I'm not on a plan and spend less than $20 a month on credit.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
True and same thing with house, cars etc. It's a bit big amounts to chunk out and I know people with money that even they do the same for phones with paid subscriptions as it's easy and convenient. Includes many times good insurance deals.

This new P40 does look attractive and has some very nice new features and a much better camera then my own. For now, it's just eye candy anyway.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.