Serious Discussion Huorong Internet Security 6.0 Alpha test begin

lvseqiji

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 30, 2022
So, after many years stuck in 5.0, Huorong Internet Security 6.0 finally came out.
It's still in alpha test stage. So, not optimized and buggy. :LOL:
New interface, not bad actually.
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

A lot of changes, I will just show some major improvements.

1. advanced heuristic scan, it's a new machine leanring engine. It can cause some FPs, so disabled on default.
7.png

17.png

2. critical process protection
8.png

3. PUA/PUP detection, useful in China
9.png

4.webcam/microphone protection.

10.png

5. More expressive HIPS rules editor

11.png

6.AMSI scan, finally.

12.png

7. ransomware rollback
13.png

8. memory protection. useful against fileless attack and shellcode
14.png

9. HTTPS scan, OK

15.png

Cloud scan is still missing. And the ML engine is not used in file monitoring...too many FPs I guess?
But anyway, still huge improvement.:)

Attachments

• 10.png
    10.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 16.png
    16.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @lvseqiji

I have some questions for you

1. Will you add the Scan Engines from Version 5 + 6 to virustotal

2. And how can I submit samples for the analyze FP or not

3. When will you add more Languages as example German Translation and so more

With best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: brambedkar59

lvseqiji

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 30, 2022
Hi @lvseqiji

I have some questions for you

1. Will you add the Scan Engines from Version 5 + 6 to virustotal

2. And how can I submit samples for the analyze FP or not

3. When will you add more Languages as example German Translation and so more

With best Regards
Mops21
I don't work for the company, but anyway.
1. not likely.
2. don't know. I haven‘t submit samples to them before.
3. not likely. Small company after all.

Last edited:

lvseqiji

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 30, 2022

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I just upgraded from v5, which I've had installed on my test computer for over four years. I was able to upgrade from v5 by running the installer. I did not have to uninstall v5 first. While I thought the old UI was one of the best looking AV UIs, I like the new UI even more. Once again, the UI is entirely in English. However the separate App Store, which is installed if you click the icon, second from the bottom, on the left of the UI, is in Chinese. It seems that the static detection rate has not changed from v5. This is based on scanning an old malware pack, which I had previously scanned with the old version. No more threats were detected this time. The detection rate with v5 was not great, so this is an area that still needs improvement. Maybe by default, the new version has stronger HIPS protection. But, I'll leave proper malware testing to others.

If they significantly improve the detection rate, this is antivirus I'd consider switching to, as I really like the UI and that it has the option to prompt you what action you want to take when threats are detected.

lvseqiji

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 30, 2022
I just upgraded from v5, which I've had installed on my test computer for over four years. I was able to upgrade from v5 by running the installer. I did not have to uninstall v5 first. While I thought the old UI was one of the best looking AV UIs, I like the new UI even more. Once again, the UI is entirely in English. However the separate App Store, which is installed if you click the icon, second from the bottom, on the left of the UI, is in Chinese. It seems that the static detection rate has not changed from v5. This is based on scanning an old malware pack, which I had previously scanned with the old version. No more threats were detected this time. The detection rate with v5 was not great, so this is an area that still needs improvement. Maybe by default, the new version has stronger HIPS protection. But, I'll leave proper malware testing to others.

If they significantly improve the detection rate, this is antivirus I'd consider switching to, as I really like the UI and that it has the option to prompt you what action you want to take when threats are detected.
If you enable the ML engine (aka. advanced heuristic scanning), static detection rate will improve a lot. But it also introduces many FPs.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
I don't work for the company, but anyway.
1. not likely.
2. don't know. I haven‘t submit samples to them before.
3. not likely. Small company after all.
Thank you very much for your infos

Any infos for an homepage or so available of it

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Any video reviews available of it

And can I install that over version 5

Mops21

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.