Advice Request I am very disappointed by some antivirus solutions [copycats]

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

D

Deleted member 65228

I've heard mentions of people using Rollback in lieu of an Anti-Virus. Problem there is Rollback will not tell you IF you have a virus. You still need a detection tool, even if you use Rollback to restore the machine and wipe the infection off.
Another problem is that data theft can still occur in the environment... leaving online accounts and locally/online stored sensitive data vulnerable.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Another problem is that data theft can still occur in the environment... leaving online accounts and locally/online stored sensitive data vulnerable.
Was asking about this the other day. It would be nice if AVs came with identity protection and warned the user of files that contain confidential information and maybe protect and monitor those files even more than other files. I would definitely pay for that. Some sort of basic data loss prevention. Of course data on cloud servers is still screwed and you can just hope that whoever you entrust it with protects it.

G

Genux

Was asking about this the other day. It would be nice if AVs came with identity protection and warned the user of files that contain confidential information and maybe protect and monitor those files even more than other files. I would definitely pay for that. Some sort of basic data loss prevention. Of course data on cloud servers is still screwed and you can just hope that whoever you entrust it with protects it.

Norton LifeLock
+ Norton + LifeLock ID Theft Protection | More Features, More Protection

The whole thing about the disappointment and frustration thing is that you cannot solve it by finding a soft that does not disappoint or frustrate you in some way. Such a product does not exist. Sorry, but that's reality.

I see this on the forums all the time... people believing in the false hope that they won't be disappointed with the next update\release version or by migrating to an entirely different product. Nope. Sorry. Software disappointment is present in all softs.

Those that empower themselves with knowledge and who manage to stick to softs that minimize their disappointment... those people tend to find an acceptable middle-road with softs.

Sometimes the choice is between the lesser of two evils. Unfortunately.

User expectations and attitudes have a lot to do with software disappointment.

It is fascinating how much emotion people put into software and digital activities.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.