Troubleshoot I Can't Boot Up Windows 7

Ninefifty

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 14, 2018
Hi all,
I messed up whilst trying to get an old copy of my back up file and now Windows will not boot.
Below image is the main reason.
I can get a CD to work on the pc and load up something - further images below but my pc will not fully boot up.
I am hoping you techs can tell me how to get something to put onto a cd in order to get my pc to reboot to normal screen.
I am using Windows 7 but am posting from my non plaything pc.
I have tried all the system recovery options listed.
I do not have my windows installation disc as the pc concerned is a second hand bought machine.
It is a Samsung S3511 laptop.
IMG_0124.JPG
IMG_0125.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG
IMG_0127.JPG

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
If you cannot, you'll need external recovery medium like HirensBootCD, HirensBootPE and similar packages in order to repair your boot files.
If you can, type
Code:
chkdsk C: /f /r /x
and press enter
Type Y if it asks you if you want to contiue.

See if there are any errors found and fixed.

See if the problem is fixed.

If it is not, run Command Prompt again and type and hit enter afterwards
Code:
sfc /scannow

See if the problem is fixed.

If not, open Command Prompt again and type Bootrec.exe, and then press Enter.Then input these commands and execute one by one:

Code:
bootrec /FixMbr

bootrec /FixBoot

bootrec /ScanOs

bootrec /RebuildBcd

If nothing of this helps, you'll probably need to reinstall your Windows

Upvote 0

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Windows 7 is still working perfectly fine, no need for hijacking the thread unless you have another method that will help our member to repair his system...
Sorry this not HiJacking ;) just give advise to update windows, i dont care if he does or not.

Reactions: Dave Russo
Upvote 0

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I do not know which copy program is used.
But if you have another copy and the USB recovery program either Macrium or AOMEI etc.
Use it and restore it with another copy if you have one.

Upvote 0

Ninefifty

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 14, 2018
Thanks for all your help.
Back to my engineer my pc goes.
Still can't get it to reboot.
Irony is I can find all my swiped documents, videos and pictures in there but cannot boot up my pc.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.