I can't remove "Savings Wizard" of chrome

Dioniso

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2014
Hi,

I need help, I can't remove "savings wizard", extension of chrome "protected by an enterprise policy", there is no way of disable this addon in chrome. In chrome://policy/ I can see:

Name of policy: ExtensionInstallForcelist
Value: ajakpekbmnkgnjbpajgkdhimcbeoocam; http:// ajakpekbmnkgnjbpajgkdhimcbeoocam/check/.eJwNyUsOgCAMANG7dE2MbrmMKdDwKQUCaEyMd5flvHlh4mDQYEOvQqDgpj5iLYuObV8dy5iYM3XQs1-kgJ55Rrc-JuRGbKSwL8k0TJ5diGIN1WpR4PsB3L0hGg.poiWMwbbUdPaRU-hN8AWEfiu02U

I've examined my computer several times (also in safe mode) with all the programs I could (karspesky, g data, avira, ad-aware, avast (ms-dos full exam), adwcleaner, EmsisoftAntiMalware, hitmanpro, JRT, Malwarebytes, OTL, SpybotSD2, SpywareTerminator, superantispyware, yet another cleaner...)

Everytime I open chrome the virus create a new folder with the name "ajakpekbmnkgnjbpajgkdhimcbeoocam" in C:\Users\Fran Ramon\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions

If I try to remove the folder, I can do it, but then when I open chrome again the folder it's created again (in normal mode of windows 7, in safe mode it doesn't). Uninstalling chrome I have the same problem, removing all user date can't solve it.

# AdwCleaner v3.018 - Report Created on 11/02/2014 14:54:18
# Update 28/01/2014 by Xplode
# Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
***** [Services] *****
***** [File / Folder] *****
***** [Shortcuts] *****
***** [Register] *****
***** [Explorers] *****

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v27.0 (es-ES)
[ File : C:\Users\Fran\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\2cfr26y3.default\prefs.js ]
-\\ Google Chrome v32.0.1700.107
[ File : C:\Users\Fran\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\preferences ]

Can somebody help me?

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    32.1 KB · Views: 179
  • FRST.txt
    52.6 KB · Views: 121
  • JRT.txt
    1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Hi and welcome to the malwaretips.com forums!

I'm Kuttus and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:
  • I will start working on your malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
  • The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
  • It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.

Before we start:
Please be aware that removing malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 1: Run a scan with AdwCleaner

1. Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
    ADWCLEANER DOWNLAOD LINK (This link will automatically download Security Check on your computer)
  2. Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  3. Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  4. Click on Scan,then confirm each time with Ok.
  5. After the Scan is Over press on Clean ,then confirm each time with Ok.
  6. Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  7. Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  8. You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 2: Run a scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Please run the Scan and update me the log files. I am not able to see anything in the above link

Dioniso

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2014

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    718 bytes · Views: 164

Dioniso

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2014
"Savings Wizard" continues as extension of chrome, but now I don't see the picture of the icon, it seems inactive, as It was when before I deleted his directory and files.

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
STEP 1: Run a scan with Junkware Removal Tool

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop from here
  • Turn off your antivirus software now to avoid potential conflicts
  • Double-click to run the tool. For Windows Vista or 7 users, right-click the file and select Run as Administrator
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) will be saved to your desktop and will automatically open
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next reply

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from here to your Desktop
  • Unzip the contents to a folder on your Desktop.
  • Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
  • Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
  • Make sure there is a check next to Create Restore Point and click the Cleanup button to remove any threats. Reboot if prompted to do so.
  • After the reboot, perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If there are threats, click Cleanup once more and reboot.
  • When done, please post the two logs in the MBAR folder(mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt)

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • When it prompts you to try their 30-day trail, click decline
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply
    • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

STEP 2 : Run a scan with Kaspersky TDSSKiller
  1. Download Kaspersky TDSKiller from the below link.
    KASPERKSY TDSSKILLER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download Kaspersky TDSSKiller on your computer)
  2. Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application.
    tdss1.png
  3. Click Change parameters
    tdss2.png
  4. Check the boxes next to Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK
    tdss3.png
  5. Click on the Start Scan button to begin the scan and wait for it to finish.
    NOTE: Do not use the computer during the scan!
  6. During the scan it will look similar to the image below:
    tdss4.jpg
  7. When it finishes, you will either see a report that no threats were found like below:
    tdss5.jpg

If no threats are found at this point, just click the Report selection on the top right of the form to generate a log. A log file report will pop which you can just close since the report file is already saved.
  8. If any infection or suspected items are found, you will see a window similar to below:
    tdss7.jpg
    • If you have files that are shown to fail signature check do not take any action on these. Make sure you select Skip. I will tell you what to do with these later. They may not be issues at all.
    • If Suspicious objects are detected, the default action will be Skip. Leave the default set to Skip.
    • If Malicious objects are detected, they will show in the Scan results. TDSSKiller automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects
      Make sure that Cure is selected. VERY IMPORTANT! - If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead. DO NOT choose Delete unless instructed to do so.
  9. Click Continue to apply selected actions.
  10. A reboot may be required to complete disinfection. A window like the below will appear:
    tdss6.jpg

Reboot immediately if TDSSKiller states that one is needed.
  11. Whether an infection is found or not, a log file should have already been created on your C: drive (or whatever drive you boot from) in the root folder named something like TDSSKiller.2.1.1_2.12.2012_14.17.04_log.txt which is based on the program version # and date and time run.
  12. Attach this log to your next reply.

Dioniso

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2014
I've tried all you posted I couldn't fix the problem

Attachments

• JRT.txt
    766 bytes · Views: 75
  • mbam-log-2014-02-12 (00-06-21).txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 65
  • mbar-log-2014-02-11 (23-57-46).txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 65
  • system-log.txt
    28.4 KB · Views: 84
  • TDSSKiller.3.0.0.23_11.02.2014_23.51.19_log.txt
    206.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
STEP 1: Run a scan with OTL by OldTimer
  1. Download the OTL utility using the below link :
    OTL DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download OTL on your computer)
  2. Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
    OTL-logo.png
  3. When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  4. Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  5. Click the Run Scan button.
    OTL.png
  6. When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    Please post this 2 logs in your first reply..

Settings You need to Select in OTL
  1. Click the Scan All Users checkbox.
  2. Change Standard Registry to All.
  3. Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
Note: If OTL.exe will not run, it may be blocked by malware. Try these alternate versions: OTL.scr, or OTL.com.

Dioniso

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2014
After doing the scan I tried to reinstall chrome, previously eliminating all the folders and registries that it had left. I could confirm that "Savings wizard" continued there all the time as the first day.

Note: "Extras.Txt" hasn't been created by OTL

Attachments

• OTL.Txt
    141.7 KB · Views: 83

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
COuld you please send me a Screen Shots of it?

To Take Screen Of Your Screen.
  1. Press PRINT SCREEN (Print Scr) key on Your Keyboard.
  2. Now Open MS Paint
  3. Open Paint by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_47.png
    , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then clicking Paint.
  4. In MS Paint Click Edit, and then click Paste.
  5. After this Save the File on your computer by Clicking on File --> Save
Add this Saved File in your next Replay

Dioniso

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2014
extension.jpg after deleting ajakpekbmnkgnjbpajgkdhimcbeoocam folder of extensions C:\Users\Fran Ramon\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions

policy.jpg in everytime

Attachments

• extension.jpg
    extension.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 101
  • policy.jpg
    policy.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 103

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.