I can't uninstall malware app!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emit

Thread author
Apr 11, 2019
I mistakenly clicked on a malware download called 1clickPDF. I tried to uninstall it in Extensions, but when I tried to uninstall it a message popped up saying that I need to remove the app first, but it's not appearing in my app folder. How do I get rid of this?? Please help!
Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 2.55.31 AM.png

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

emit

Thread author
Apr 11, 2019
Thank you for replying! Yes, I did and it said I was clean. But that arrow window will not go away even when the Extensions window is closed. It won't go away no matter what!

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 9.38.07 PM.png

And what it says in the Extensions window is not exactly settling. "can read sensitive information..."
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 9.39.16 PM.png

When I click on that "uninstall" button, that first image I sent previously shows up saying that I have to go to remove it from applications.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
pleeease help me. The arrow won't go away.
Hmmm, if there's no application to uninstall, lets try to delete the files:

Go to Finder, press Command, Shift and G at the same time, and then enter the following addresses in the Go to Folder box.

Go to these folders and delete the suspicious files.

/Library/LaunchAgents -- search for suspicious files and move them to the Trash. There should be a few strings related to 1ClickPDF.
/Library/Application Support -- search for 1ClickPDF and move it to the Trash.
~/Library/LaunchAgents -- search for suspicious files and move them to the Trash. There should be a few strings related to 1ClickPDF.
/Library/LaunchDaemons -- search for 1ClickPDF and move it to the Trash.
~/Library/Safari/Extensions/ -- search for 1ClickPDF and move it to the Trash.

Restart the computer and check if the issue is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.