Advice Request I don't care about cookies

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Hi guys. I'm happy with Ubo and dynamic filtering, but GPDR is really ruining browsing (cookie adverts). I've tried with several lists (Adguard Annoyances, Fanboy's Cookie Monster List, Block the shi t EU, i don't care about cookies...), but these lists sometimes break websites and are not really effective. Curiously, i've tried I don't care about cookies extension and the result it was completely different. It really blocks these annoying cookies with no speed impact and website integrity. My only concern is about privacy of this extension, but i haven't found a better alternative. Are you using this add-on or anything one for this matter? Thanks

E.g: try load www.theverge.com with extension or with a list

I don't care about cookies owner says "Be aware that the filter list is not as effective as a browser extension but it will hide most cookie warnings. "

Last edited:

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016

I fixed this one letting 3p scripts to run. However the 3p scripts block is not a stock config with ublock, so it should be working fine with default ublock origin.

This one has too many cookies and trackers.

But if you want to keep cookies, without worrying about them. You can use cookie autodelete . It's an open source extension that delete all cookies a few seconds after you close your tab. You can whitelist and greylist some cookies, it's very useful.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I have been using adguard with default filters and adguard annoyances, i dont care about cookies and adblock warning list wich been most effective for me

But indeed the ' i dont care about cookies extension' is doing most best , and probably you should add ublock origin and disable all annoyance filters + let extension do all the cookie work or just simply make own rules on spefic sites and continue using adblocker only

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I am in Europe and all loaded within 2 seconds. I use CacheKiller and CookieAutoDelete. Maybe DNS matters, try 1.1.1.1. I have 470k rules.

Attachments

• capture_02052020_205734.jpg
    capture_02052020_205734.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 460
  • capture_02052020_210030.jpg
    capture_02052020_210030.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 506

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
I use Cookie Monster list (now titled Easy List Cookies) and uBO Annoyances filter in FF to block the GDPR notices. (I live in the US.) A few still get through, like The Guardian, so I just make filter rules for those. I'd use the extension, but I feel I already have too many extensions because of the need to replace various Greasemonkey scripts that have stopped working. :confused:

Code:
www.theguardian.com##.site-message--permanent.site-message--first-pv-consent.site-message--banner.js-site-message.site-message

Reactions: Malakke

Hindenburg

Level 1
Feb 5, 2020
I use Cookie Monster list (now titled Easy List Cookies) and uBO Annoyances filter in FF to block the GDPR notices. (I live in the US.) A few still get through, like The Guardian, so I just make filter rules for those. I'd use the extension, but I feel I already have too many extensions because of the need to replace various Greasemonkey scripts that have stopped working. :confused:

Code:
www.theguardian.com##.site-message--permanent.site-message--first-pv-consent.site-message--banner.js-site-message.site-message

I didn't know about the Cookie Monster list.

Thanks.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
I fixed this one letting 3p scripts to run. However the 3p scripts block is not a stock config with ublock, so it should be working fine with default ublock origin.

This one has too many cookies and trackers.

But if you want to keep cookies, without worrying about them. You can use cookie autodelete . It's an open source extension that delete all cookies a few seconds after you close your tab. You can whitelist and greylist some cookies, it's very useful.

Cookie Autodelete it's a great add-on! Thanks. Also, i disabled third-party cookies in browser settings and my browsing seems snapier than before.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.