I don't understand the "Perform actions automatically" part

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Since heuristic scanning is literally based off behavioral pattern analysis it would be my assumption.
Yeah, behavioural patterns as well as features such as executable structure, imports, entry point, suspicious modifications and many others.
Dynamic analysis looks at behaviours, static analysis looks at the features.

Reactions: Practical Response

Studynxx

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 20, 2023
What I don't understand is that let's say Kaspersky wasn't good enough and malware has gotten on my PC. Just fictive example. So as it begins to do more and more strange things on my computer, won't Kaspersky's heuristics after "step 1" or 2 or whatever (of / by the given malware) step in, be like "yo wth are you doing? Stop!" and just stop it in its tracks?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.