Troubleshoot I need urgent help to remove DNS Servers "82.163.143.136” and “82.163.142.138”

Rebsat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Hi everyone. Unfortunately, I think I’ve been infected by DNS Changer malware:cry:. I have a Lenovo with Windows 10 x64 system. I scanned my laptop with a powerful Dr.Web CureIt! malware scanner but couldn't find and remove these DNS servers:

I didn't try Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool and Malwarebytes AdwCleaner yet. I would greatly appreciate your good assistance. I need your advice, please. Thanks :)

shwan lap dns server.PNG

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
that DNS is totally different tho?

Good point as there official servers are set manual and not the same but when I did a bit deeper search I found that GreenTeamDNS is located in Israel as also those 2 DNS servers @Rebsat reported. With a Traceroute search it goes through in the end steps Bezeq International-Ltd in Israel and ends up in, Green Team Internet LTD in Israel. GreenTeamDNS homepage is even branded with " © GreenTeam Internet, Ltd ". The thing that raised my eyebrown was that GreenTeamDNS uses a .uk domain but there located in Israel? About Us | GreenTeam Internet Ofcourse anyone that creates or run a site can choose whatever domain they want but I also noted there not using https and that's not common for a DNS service provider.

Correct me if I'm wrong. (y)

That sayed I would still advice the exact same as @harlan4096 because I also belive @Rebsat needs to get help from @TwinHeadedEagle first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.