Advice Request I still don't care about cookies - not blocking cookie notifications?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Why does this addon not block the cookie notification that pops up on this site please?

ncl.com/
no.jpg

It does block the cookie notice for me. Try clearing your browser cache maybe this will solve the issue. But why do you need a separate add-on for this? Doesn't your ad blocker have a cookie notice filter?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I know this extention from this video below. Remove the one you have in your post above.

The one you shared is I Don't Care About Cookies, and that is owned by Avast (Gen Digital). Before sharing extensions for others to use, please conduct your own research. It has many 1 stars reviews since being sold to a company that was caught red-handed selling user data.

Discussion found here: Update - Avast acquires I don't care about Cookies browser extension

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Before sharing extensions for others to use, please conduct your own research
Ok, but do you mean that ThioJoe guy does not study do his homework before making such videos? I did trust him, thats why.

@Ink

Oh, you are right, forgive me on that. I thought he is the best, so I myself did not try looking around for more info. I did now install it. And removed the one by Avast.
1681221270659.png

john67384

Aug 20, 2023
Ok, but do you mean that ThioJoe guy does not study do his homework before making such videos? I did trust him, thats why.

@Ink

Oh, you are right, forgive me on that. I thought he is the best, so I myself did not try looking around for more info. I did now install it. And removed the one by Avast.
View attachment 274419
That's exactly the case, this is the same guy that used to spam youtube with nonsense such as
and is only now a "changed man". Also ironic he has a tool on github for removing spam comments on your channel, too bad spam detection wasn't better while he was in his prime.

Reactions: Jack

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
You can

Configure Firefox to reject cookie banners automatically​

and together with

Cocoma - Cookie Consent Manager​

A Web Extension to automate opt-out (or opt-in) consent to cookies. In other words, it automates clicking on the "Accept All" or "Reject All" (your choice) buttons you see on cookie consent banners, saving you some time.

Under the hood it leverages Mozilla's Cookie Banner Rules List to handle known cookie banners.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.