I think I have an scvhost.exe.exe bitcoin virus?

Jamin

New Member
This probably started happening around a couple of weeks ago. I think it's important to mention that we had a site that my Discord community used, where the dev essentially went "rogue" and installed a browser-side coinhive miner. My Malware Antibyte would go crazy whenever our site was opened, and we confronted said dev about this, which led to the termination of our relationship with him and us no longer using that site.

Initially, I thought it was something to do with my mouse because my mouse would have a "lag" delay every few seconds. I tried doing a few fixes of my own: tried scanning for malware with Malware Antibytes, reinstalling drivers for the mouse, etc.

I decided to open up the taskbar and see what was going on with the resource usage. It seems that every time my computer "lags" like this, my GPU spikes up to about 100%. I also have a lot of scvhost.exe processes running. I know it's not unheard of for Windows 10 to have a bunch of these running, but this seems like I have too many. Oddly enough, the GPU usage seems to be fine if I open a full screen game of some sort that boots from an SSD, not my main HDD.

The system lags every few seconds. Input from my mouse and keyboard are delayed, and my voice will become distorted if I am talking on some voice software like Discord. My GPU usage also spikes up heavily when this happens.

I've attached both of the requested documents below, as well as a screenshot of how my GPU spikes from idle to 100%. At the time of taking that screenshot, I only had Chrome, Discord, and Microsoft Paint open.
 

Attachments

Hello,


FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

I haven't been on my computer much since running that scan, but I haven't noticed the issue yet. Thank you so much for the potential fix to this.

If you don't mind me asking, were there any errors or infections that you noted through those documents?
 
FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked.

    2873ryc.png

  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please attach report into your next reply.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top