Question I totally forgot to ask about this thing I noticed in Brave

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
OK, apparently I was not fully awake this afternoon, because I had removed VT4Browser from Brave while I did not want to do that. :rolleyes:

So I just reinstalled it, and while I clicked install VT4Browsers from the official Chrome Store …

Brave not only installed the extension as I wanted, but also at the same time downloaded the extension? And then I remembered that it had done the same thing with the other few extensions I have installed in Brave? It is just that until today I never thought to ask every one here if that is normal behaviour for Brave, and if yes, can I switch off the download of extensions to my drive?

Reactions: Khushal

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Brave not only installed the extension as I wanted, but also at the same time downloaded the extension? And then I remembered that it had done the same thing with the other few extensions I have installed in Brave?
Extensions must be downloaded to be installed, which is not unique to Brave.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.