Network firewall
Real-time security
windows defender
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
use ooshutup and windows firewall
Periodic malware scanners
im those kind of person who dont like installing more software and waste space ;);)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Browser: i used edge- befor i was user of opera for 12 years
SearchEngine: for search engine i use swisscow
Addon on edge:
U block origin:
with all filter enable with no speed or loading problem
clear url
bitwarden
user agent switcher: everyday switch to new agent lol
internet downlod accelerator browser addon: cz i use this download manager for years
privacy tweak: with afew filter (fingerprints-webrtc-timezone-geolocation)activate
Secure DNS
i like privacy so i use dns watch in my router and doh from dns watch in my browser(i use dns watch over years so i trust them)
Desktop VPN
vyper vpn
Password manager
bitwareden
Maintenance tools
privazer and i like it
File and Photo backup
steganos safe
backup on external ssd every week
System recovery
i have all file backup on external device so i have only music and movie on pc so if things happen i clean install and use ssd to put them back up
Risk factors
    • Working from home
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Buying from online stores, entering banks card details
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
motherboard: maximus ix code asus
cpu: i7 7600
vga:ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2060
ram: 64GB teamgroup
1TB nvme from team group for my work archive
500GB nvme from team group for windows and software i used
4TB ssd from teamgroup for my music movie and anime
1TB teamgroup external drive for back up only picture and family stuff +my work file
Notable changes
change UA to always notify-removed https everywhere and activate my browser https upgrade-testing next dns if everythings goes well i replaceit with my dns watch
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

icarus

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 29, 2021
hello MalwareTips
i used trendmicro befor but i dont like it too much falsepositive and slow down of my internet so i removed that and rn i use windows defender and windows firewall but im not like that 0chance to used them for years
so i test 30 days of both avg ultimate and bullguard premium security i like both but with lep of you are i will choose my favorite to setup in my pc from one of those
also i test other suite too but avg and bullguard come out on my list and after i find out best one i set it up for years of useing
thanks you all for help and time you put to read my post
also if any major edit i must do to my browser eextention please telling me (y)

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I would set UAC to Always Notify to prevent bypasses:
Gebert's straightforward mitigation advice to prevent UAC bypass attacks is setting UAC to "Always Notify." Doing so will always show the user UAC prompts before high-risk applications are executed.
You can skip HTTPS Everywhere (soon to be EOL) and use HTTPS-Only Mode in Microsoft Edge:
Hopefully, others can comment on your other extensions and please put them under each other (a list) for better reading.

Last edited:

icarus

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 29, 2021
I would set UAC to Always Notify to prevent bypasses:

You can skip HTTPS Everywhere (soon to be EOL) and use HTTPS-Only Mode in Microsoft Edge:
Hopefully, others can comment on your other extensions and please put them under each other (a list) for better reading.
done

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@icarus:

In Periodic security scanners, there are some tools You don't need to install: EmsiSoft Emergency Kit, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, and others...

In Personal Files & Photos backup, using Cloud service? If not the case, You can use cloud services to save our data also.

In Device recovery & backup, You may use a full system image backup solution, such as Macrium Reflect or AOMEI BackUpper.

Thanks for sharing :)

icarus

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 29, 2021
@icarus:

In Periodic security scanners, there are some tools You don't need to install: EmsiSoft Emergency Kit, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, and others...

In Personal Files & Photos backup, using Cloud service? If not the case, You can use cloud services to save our data also.

In Device recovery & backup, You may use a full system image backup solution, such as Macrium Reflect or AOMEI BackUpper.

Thanks for sharing :)
i dont like them too much cz i dont download or go anywhere particular to get infection only work site.
i belive in offline backup chance of brute-force or leaking DB are 0 with offline safe keeping;)
i will test AOMEI BackUpper thanks for mention it
what about my extention anything need to be removed or add?
thanks for youre answer :love:

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

icarus

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 29, 2021
Use NextDNS which replaces your ad extensions and other trackers ;) => NextDNS

Concerning HTTPS Everywhere

In Edge : Learn about tracking prevention in Microsoft Edge
about next dns are they log any data?
about https i enable from edge itself :edge://flags/#edge-automatic-https i want to know its enough or i add smart https?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.