Solved IE will not connec to internet

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
I checked the interent connect and it says it has one. I tried to open a webpage in IE and it says page not found. I looked to see if a proxy server is checked and it was not. So I am not sure why this computer wont connect to the internet It does act like it might have a viruse or rootkit...

I have attached the first logs.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    22.7 KB · Views: 14
  • FRST.txt
    49.1 KB · Views: 26

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

You've been here several times with almost all different computers? Are these all your machines or you're fixing it for someone?

• It is not our intent to repeatedly remove malware from the same member's machines. The intent of this free service performed by volunteers is to help remove malware from your machine, educate you on how it may have happened, and how to prevent that from happening again.

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
I am a retired teacher and I work on senior citizens computers. They are on fixed incomes and don't have money to take them to the computer store to get them fixed their and they don't know how to fix them on their own since they barely know how to work their computers. For the most part I can get them working but sometimes I get really stuck ...like on this one...so I come here for help

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
ok I think it was a winsock issue..here is what I tried and it worked ...Thank you for all your help
you give
Click Start --> Run --> In search box, type cmd --> Then "CMD" will be
displayed in the search --> Now right-click on "CMD" ---> Select "Run asadministrator".
Now enter this command
netsh winsock reset catalog --> Press Enter
netsh int ip reset reset.log hit --> Press Enter.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.