shmu26

Level 83
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Considering to keep on all the built-in security features of Windows 10 (WD, WF, SmartScreen), I'll choose:
  • ConfigureDefender
  • SysHardener
  • Re:HIPS
Lightweight, effective and no compatibility issues
Looks good

Reactions: AtlBo

shmu26

Level 83
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Thanks shmu26! I was thinking at first, that Voodooshield was better as an anti-exe than OSArmor, so thank you for this tip.
Voodooshield will still be better at blocking signed malware, but if you are anyways tweaking OSA, you can make a custom block rule so it will do that, too.
Alternatively, you can move your Downloads folder off the C drive, and then OSA at max settings will block all downloads from executing.

Signed malware is anyways not such a big problem, because first of all, it is rare for a home user to get hit by it, and second because it will usually spawn an unsigned payload.

noob guy

Level 1
Voodooshield will still be better at blocking signed malware, but if you are anyways tweaking OSA, you can make a custom block rule so it will do that, too.
Alternatively, you can move your Downloads folder off the C drive, and then OSA at max settings will block all downloads from executing.

Signed malware is anyways not such a big problem, because first of all, it is rare for a home user to get hit by it, and second because it will usually spawn an unsigned payload.
Truly grateful for the education I am getting here, thanks again!

Windows_Security

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
On Windows 10 Home
- Simple Software Retriction Policy - SRP basic user with MSI run as admin tweak of Symantec - implemented
- SysHardener - disable corporate stuff which normal home users don't use anyway
- Configure defender - utilize all of Windows Defender

On Windows 7 home
- Comodo Cloud Antivirus - use sandbox rules for default deny and build your own set of trusted vendors
- SysHardener - disable corporate stuff which normal home users don't use anyway
- MemProtect free - search on this forum for example setups (e.g. allow chrome to access google folders only)

DeepWeb

Level 24
Verified
Firewall: Gryphon Router (I don't have one, pls buy me one lol)
AV: Emsisoft Antimalware
Ransomware protection: AOMEI Backupper Pro

If anything passes the FW and AV, I just restore a backup. Takes less time than a full system scan on an SSD and making sure the malware is truly gone.