I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome: Ublock Origin, Ip and Domain
Maintenance tools
Analysis: Process Explorer, Autoruns, PeStudio
File and Photo backup
Backed up externally regularly
System recovery
I utilize a copy of Windows Media creation tool on a flash drive for "repairs" and "wipe/reformat's" when necessary.
I

illumination

Thread author
Removed: Eset IS
Added: SEP Cloud

SEP Cloud=Norton, as it should be.

No bloat, light as a feather. Backed up and locked down by Appguard, and this main system is good to go. This configuration will work great for me, as i can monitor devices and keep the security/system usability balanced.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Removed: Eset IS
Added: SEP Cloud

SEP Cloud=Norton, as it should be.

No bloat, light as a feather. Backed up and locked down by Appguard, and this main system is good to go. This configuration will work great for me, as i can monitor devices and keep the security/system usability balanced.
This has become quite powerful config! (y)

I

illumination

Thread author
Update: SEPC & AG

It has been a little over two weeks now running SEPC & AG combination. For our use of system, this has become our permanent security choice. Once set up, there is nothing to do but to utilize the system for what you initially intended and enjoy. The combination is feather light, everything is extremely responsive.

We keep the machine light and the attack surface minimized to begin with. Once something is uploaded to the system, the first step is to plug in an external and move copies of it. Then once the external is removed, we use the item for intended purpose and that copy is then deleted from the system. Never storing anything on it.

We have only two applications we use, Office and Snagit. Both for business purposes. Both have been placed in Guarded Apps of AG. Matter of fact, if it was in the add list of guarded apps, and did not break functionality, it more then likely got added. I have removed Vendors from the Trusted Publisher list that were not used/needed for this machine.

I have disabled the main windows vulnerable processes, and a few others not listed here.

cmd.exe
powershell.exe
powershell_ise.exe
wscript.exe
cscript.exe
gpscript.exe

The main Base of the system, is well covered. SEPC covers my network, and internet sessions.

This set up in no way, diminishes productivity, and the only time i have to adjust anything security related is when i am performing maintenance. This will more then likely be my last entry in this thread, as i plan to stick to this combination, unless something unforeseeable happens in the future to either company/product.

I

illumination

Thread author
Added: Vmware Workstation Pro 14.1.2

After a long period "since last Oct" of not having my Virtual machine installed or doing any testing, i upgraded it today and have it reinstalled and ready to stretch my legs...

I also clean installed W10 1803, the Host machine, before installing Vmware...

I

illumination

Thread author
Tried SEPC, so simple...get bored after 5mn :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Except that is seemed quite good and light. The Firewall is too simple for me, no details displayed.
As i get older, i have come to appreciate simplicity...

SEPC is pretty much automated, you can if you create a custom policy, adjust the firewall for stronger protections, and toggle the default rules, and add rules. Off by default is "Upload Firewall Events"... You could enable this, but uses more network bandwidth.

For a business, especially one that does not have the funds to keep and maintain several IT staff, this solution is just amazing. For a family environment, with many devices, it is also suited well. Keeps maintenance to a minimum while allowing you to monitor all devices from any device and location. I really can not express how impressed i am with the stability and very little system impact.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
SEP Cloud
Does it have web filtering? Symantec endpoint protection don't block the malicious websites!idk about the cloud version. whats the difference between SEP and SEPC?
Symantec firewall is like Eset firewall(but some features like anti-exploit(in the network level) and os/browser fingerprinting protection).
with Eset firewall, I have control over windows services.
Don't they want to redesign this ugly GUI? the graphical user interface is like windows millennium.

Reactions: Weebarra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.