I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome: Ublock Origin, Ip and Domain
Maintenance tools
Analysis: Process Explorer, Autoruns, PeStudio
File and Photo backup
Backed up externally regularly
System recovery
I utilize a copy of Windows Media creation tool on a flash drive for "repairs" and "wipe/reformat's" when necessary.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
...I would trust WD more then a 3rd party when it comes to system files.

That’s how I feel about WD, especially as I continue to stay abreast of developments in other AVs. I see people having a lot of issues not only with AVs but also with integration of other software in the configuration! I find myself repeating your mantra: “Simplify!”.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
That’s how I feel about WD, especially as I continue to stay abreast of developments in other AVs. I see people having a lot of issues not only with AVs but also with integration of other software in the configuration! I find myself repeating your mantra: “Simplify!”.
Indeed keeping it simple is a bit of a challenge when visiting forums like this one and learning about all the great security programs out there ...

I

illumination

Thread author
Removed: SEPC
Using: Windows Defender & Appguard Business

Lightened the load even more on the system and streamlined the security. While i really liked SEPC, FP's like that can really cause some problems, the kind i do not desire to have on my main "hub" system of the network. I have some time left on this license then will probably buy Solo licenses for both systems and be done with it.

Have set policies, disabled vulnerable windows processes, and adjusted in GPE as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

illumination

Thread author
Removed: Appguard Business
added: Windows defaults have been tweaked via GPE.

Changed: Security Testing with Malware (to) No - Malware is avoided where possible.

I'm no longer going to test security products with malware, although i am keeping the Virtual machine up for testing usability of products and occasional Beta testing. Windows defaults have been tweaked via GPE.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Removed: Appguard Business
added: Windows defaults have been tweaked via GPE.

Changed: Security Testing with Malware (to) No - Malware is avoided where possible.

I'm no longer going to test security products with malware, although i am keeping the Virtual machine up for testing usability of products and occasional Beta testing. Windows defaults have been tweaked via GPE.
So you're basically going with Windows Defender and OS tweaks? Sounds good to me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.