Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Version 3.0 - The Next Step In Anti-Malware Protection

New Features
  • Complete Offline Protection
    The 3.0 release will now ship with an 'Offline' engine. This engine (which is ClamAV .97) once enabled will automatically pull down our latest detection sets and allow for complete detection coverage, even when you are not connected to the Internet.
  • Cloud Recall
    To put this in practical terms if you look up a file today and we do not know it's malicious yet and tonight or tomorrow we discover it is malicious we will alert your system to find the file and remove it, all without you needing to download a single definition update.
  • Custom Signature Creation
    Users can now hunt threats (or Advanced Persistent Threats if you like) by creating signatures which range from simplistic (straight MD5 matches) to complex (logically chained expressive signatures w/ offset support and wild carding).

Source

Download

Watasha

Feb 8, 2011
Jack said:
Thanks.
I've never tried Immunet.......how is it ? have you guys tried this security product?

I had very high hopes for Immunet/ClamAV for Windows but unfortunately there have been issues. I began with the free version of ClamAV for Windows (the one listed as a companion AV) and ran it beside Comodo just to see how it would do. I never had any issues but I never actually saw it do anything either. I eventually wanted a simple, light AV for my desktop that my little sister uses so I decided to give the paid version a try, I figured it would help the company out in some small way & I would get a light AV that I was already familiar with. It all went downhill from there. It began freezing up my laptop (I tested it there too) & it was CONSTANTLY disconnecting from the cloud. I ended up uninstalling & just going with Avast on the desktop. The forums & blog have spam issues & the responses are increasingly stand-offish when they come at all, as they seemingly choose only certain questions to answer at all. Anyway, they've recently been acquired by Sourcefire & discontinued ClamAV for Windows & now only offer Immunet Protect "powered by ClamAV". I guess time will tell if this program ever lives up to its early promise.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Watasha said:
Jack said:
Thanks.
I've never tried Immunet.......how is it ? have you guys tried this security product?

I had very high hopes for Immunet/ClamAV for Windows but unfortunately there have been issues. I began with the free version of ClamAV for Windows (the one listed as a companion AV) and ran it beside Comodo just to see how it would do. I never had any issues but I never actually saw it do anything either. I eventually wanted a simple, light AV for my desktop that my little sister uses so I decided to give the paid version a try, I figured it would help the company out in some small way & I would get a light AV that I was already familiar with. It all went downhill from there. It began freezing up my laptop (I tested it there too) & it was CONSTANTLY disconnecting from the cloud. I ended up uninstalling & just going with Avast on the desktop. The forums & blog have spam issues & the responses are increasingly stand-offish when they come at all, as they seemingly choose only certain questions to answer at all. Anyway, they've recently been acquired by Sourcefire & discontinued ClamAV for Windows & now only offer Immunet Protect "powered by ClamAV". I guess time will tell if this program ever lives up to its early promise.

They were good before by working with your current Av but not now :(

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Watasha said:
Anyway, they've recently been acquired by Sourcefire & discontinued ClamAV for Windows & now only offer Immunet Protect "powered by ClamAV". I guess time will tell if this program ever lives up to its early promise.
You can install Immunet 3.0 without the local engine.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
elliotcroft said:
Watasha said:
Anyway, they've recently been acquired by Sourcefire & discontinued ClamAV for Windows & now only offer Immunet Protect "powered by ClamAV". I guess time will tell if this program ever lives up to its early promise.

what will that give as consequence?

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Valentinchen N said:
elliotcroft said:
Watasha said:

what will that give as consequence?
You can install it as a companion antivirus again if that's what you mean. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.