Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Some screenshots. UI seems the same as in previous version.
upload_2017-9-12_16-47-12.png upload_2017-9-12_16-49-18.png upload_2017-9-12_16-51-12.png

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
An earlier review here

Is Immunet Worth the Download?

Pros

• Provides intelligent scans to detect viruses, spyware, bots, worms, etc.
  • Never needs to update because it’s always connected to the Internet
  • Toll-free customer support
  • Installs on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows
Cons

• Doesn’t scan email databases
  • No automatic detection of viruses on USB drives
  • Doesn’t support scheduled or offline scanning
  • Shows large advertisements
Description

• Works with Windows 10 down through Windows XP
  • Immunet provides realtime detection of viruses, worms, bots, spyware, keyloggers, and Trojans without ever downloading an update
  • Works with other antivirus programs to provide extra protection
  • Runs a FlashScan to scan the registry and running processes
My Thoughts on Immunet

A major plus about Immunet is that it’s always connected to the Internet and so can always update its definitions with information all the other Immunet users gather together. This means when a threat is detected on one system, the same threat is blocked on all the other computers that have Immunet installed.

This makes it comforting to have the program installed, even if alongside other antivirus programs.

So, Immunet is a cloud-based sig-less AV/AM :)

Elpibe

Level 3
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
An earlier review here

Is Immunet Worth the Download?

Pros

• Provides intelligent scans to detect viruses, spyware, bots, worms, etc.
  • Never needs to update because it’s always connected to the Internet
  • Toll-free customer support
  • Installs on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows
Cons

• Doesn’t scan email databases
  • No automatic detection of viruses on USB drives
  • Doesn’t support scheduled or offline scanning
  • Shows large advertisements
Description

• Works with Windows 10 down through Windows XP
  • Immunet provides realtime detection of viruses, worms, bots, spyware, keyloggers, and Trojans without ever downloading an update
  • Works with other antivirus programs to provide extra protection
  • Runs a FlashScan to scan the registry and running processes
My Thoughts on Immunet

A major plus about Immunet is that it’s always connected to the Internet and so can always update its definitions with information all the other Immunet users gather together. This means when a threat is detected on one system, the same threat is blocked on all the other computers that have Immunet installed.

This makes it comforting to have the program installed, even if alongside other antivirus programs.

So, Immunet is a cloud-based sig-less AV/AM :)

In the link says they dont support XP.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
In the link says they dont support XP.
New version 6.0.0. no longer supports

Unfortunately, a side effect of adding this engine is that Immunet can no longer support the following operating systems:
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008 (Immunet will still support Windows Server 2008 R2)

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I was digging through the libraries on this.

It appears they use three systems - at the least - possibly more. I'm still checking.

1) Bit Defender (DLL's are there, but I don't see them in ram, is this on-demand for this engine?)
2) ClamAV
3) Cisco AMP (Advanced Malware Protection)
4) Morphisec (Anti-Ransomware, Evasive Malware Detection, Zero Day)

Maybe someone that knows more or has more time can look into it better. For me, I don't trust Cisco and Morphisec is largely a wing of the IDF/Unit8200 so I wouldn't be comfortable using it. I generally avoid US, Chinese and Israeli privacy/security products. (or at least try to)

Last edited by a moderator:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I was digging through the libraries on this.

It appears they use three systems - at the least - possibly more. I'm still checking.

1) Bit Defender (DLL's are there, but I don't see them in ram, is this on-demand for this engine?)
2) ClamAV
3) Cisco AMP (Advanced Malware Protection)
4) Morphisec (Anti-Ransomware, Evasive Malware Detection, Zero Day)

Maybe someone that knows more or has more time can look into it better. For me, I don't trust Cisco and Morphisec is largely a wing of the IDF/Unit8200 so I wouldn't be comfortable using it. I generally avoid US, Chinese and Israeli privacy/security products. (or at least try to)
It's mentioned below that their ATP uses Morphisec

Immunet 6 - Initial Dissection, Etc. - Immunet General Forum

But Immunet 6.0 only protects 32-bit processes at the moment......64-bit processes will be supported in the future

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
I was unable to infect the immune system with 70 samples from the malwarehub.

setting: Bloking mode ON !!! (
Blocking Mode
Places both Monitor Program Install and Start in blocking mode. This means that in both cases Immunet must verify that the action being performed (program installation or program starting) is non-malicious before it will be allowed to take place. This can slow down the copying of large files or software installation; however, it provides a higher degree of security.)

You may be able to get quality.

57 sample blocked when downloading.Then some when running.The end state of the clean.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I was unable to infect the immune system with 70 samples from the malwarehub.

setting: Bloking mode ON !!! (
Blocking Mode
Places both Monitor Program Install and Start in blocking mode. This means that in both cases Immunet must verify that the action being performed (program installation or program starting) is non-malicious before it will be allowed to take place. This can slow down the copying of large files or software installation; however, it provides a higher degree of security.)

You may be able to get quality.

57 sample blocked when downloading.Then some when running.The end state of the clean.
Hi

I just installed and the 'Scan Now' button is greyed. When I pressed it, a message pops up and say 'YOU CAN NOT SCAN AT THIS TIME. The Immunet service is not running. Please restart the service and retry'

Is Immunet down?

Any help? Thanks

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just downloaded v6.0.2, installed and completed a full scan

But I disabled all other security software in real-time so I guess it must have clashed with one of them

One problem is that the GUI is small and the text are also small for my tablet's screen resolution. I think it's more suited for those FHD screen

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunshine-boy
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

It's a beautiful light 0.00-0.01 GPU and I have an old corpse .-) I use immune 6 + appsamvid (AV + anti-exe 0.02 GPU use) .

Why are you checking your graphics processing unit for the impact of an AV?

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
The initial update v6.0.0 had Clam enabled and any changes in the settings would`nt stick so I quickly reverted back to v5.

Great that the subsequent versions have put all that right and that it`s still very low on resourse usage.Haven`t had time to check out if there`s any significant other developments under the hood yet, but I`m happy enough with a decent detection rate from the cloud.

V5 still works on XP which is just as well as nothing else AV-wise will do on my older systems(even webroot reduced them to a crawl).

Immunet has become for me a must have app just like Sandboxie or Winpatrol etc

Regards Eck:)

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Advanced Threat Prevention (ATP) detects, analyzes, and prevents threats from malware that has evolved to bypass traditional security methods.we really do it. I did not know the unknown malware after about 30 seconds was ended as an unknown malware.

Ps:Would you like to test bitdefender free vs immunet 6.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Not really as I`m more concerned about how light an AV is, so in that case Immunet (for me) has already won.

P.S.There was a poll here at MT not so long ago Bitdefender paid vs Immunet....I mean really ? I only voted Immunet because I felt sorry for the underdog in an unfair poll.

Regards Eck:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.