Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Immunet 6.0.4 is out now

We've identified an incompatibility with the new Advanced Threat Prevention engine and a recent Windows 10 update. If your computer is running Windows 10 Creator's edition and has applied Windows Update KB4038788, you may be encountering stability issues with processes that are protected by this engine. Updating to Immunet 6.0.4 should alleviate these issues.
You can tell if you have this patch applied by running 'winver' from the Start menu. If you see Build 1703 (15063.608), then you may be affected by the issue mentioned above. You can also check to see if KB4038788 is listed under the 'Hotfix(s)' section when running 'systeminfo' from the Start menu.
The Immunet Protect team

New Release: Immunet 6.0.0/6.0.2/6.0.4) - Announcements

With best Regards
Mops21

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Been using this for a day now and so far I'm enjoying it. Light very fast and pretty good detection rates.

question though: Does Immunet not scan or detect .vbs or .doc files? in the testing I've done no files besides .exe's have been detected
If not this is something that really needs to be added.

Reactions: Behold Eck

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Been using this for a day now and so far I'm enjoying it. Light very fast and pretty good detection rates.

question though: Does Immunet not scan or detect .vbs or .doc files? in the testing I've done no files besides .exe's have been detected
If not this is something that really needs to be added.

Why wouldn`t it ??

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
I know it detects infected scripts but never thought about it or noticed it skipping file types.

Maybe contact Cisco and see if they can confirm your findings.

Good point though(y)

Nevermind, Just did some further testing after I got off work today. It does in fact detect infected .doc files. BUT its % of detecting file types other than .exe's seems to be lower. But thats alright with me. I have voodooshield as backup(y)

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Nevermind, Just did some further testing after I got off work today. It does in fact detect infected .doc files. BUT its % of detecting file types other than .exe's seems to be lower. But thats alright with me. I have voodooshield as backup(y)

Good to know it`s not just restricted to .exe`s but as you say having the likes of VS or Comodo onboard negates any drawbacks in Immunet.

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Immunet 6.0.6 is out now

We have released Immunet version 6.0.6.

This release addresses a DLL hijacking vulnerability in the Immunet installer. We will provide more information about the vulnerability, including the CVE, after the official disclosure date.

Credit goes to Sachin Wagh (tiger_tigerboy, Wsachin092@gmail.com) for discovering this vulnerablity and bringing it to our attention.

As with other releases, this new version is available for download from Immunet AntiVirus, as well as via the Immunet UI if you currently Immunet 6.0.0 or earlier installed.

The Immunet Protect Team

New Release: Immunet 6.0.0/6.0.2/6.0.4/6.0.6) - Announcements

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Immunet 6.0.8 is out now

Hello all,

We are happy to announce a new release of Immunet: version 6.0.8!

This latest version of Immunet provides the same great protection against malware and viruses as before, but also includes System Process Protection feature - System Process Protection adds protection for memory attacks against certain Windows system processes, Fixes related to Windows 10 Fall creators update incompatibility issues, Performance improvements & other bug fixes

As always, you can get the new installer at Immunet AntiVirus

If you are running an older version of Immunet, you should be able to upgrade via the 'Update Now' button in the UI. If you don't see the update in your UI, you can always download the latest installer from Immunet AntiVirus and execute it to get the upgrade.

If you do encounter problems with the new version of Immunet Protect, please let us know either here on the forums at Immunet Forum, or via email at support@immunet.com.

Thank you for your continued support!

The Immunet Protect Team

New Release: Immunet 6.0.8 - Announcements

And that is fixed now this this release

Immunet 6.0.6 Windows 10 Compatibility

Immunet 6.0.6 Windows 10 Compatibility - Announcements

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Hi all

Immunet 6.0.8 is out now

Hello all,

We are happy to announce a new release of Immunet: version 6.0.8!

This latest version of Immunet provides the same great protection against malware and viruses as before, but also includes System Process Protection feature - System Process Protection adds protection for memory attacks against certain Windows system processes, Fixes related to Windows 10 Fall creators update incompatibility issues, Performance improvements & other bug fixes

As always, you can get the new installer at Immunet AntiVirus

If you are running an older version of Immunet, you should be able to upgrade via the 'Update Now' button in the UI. If you don't see the update in your UI, you can always download the latest installer from Immunet AntiVirus and execute it to get the upgrade.

If you do encounter problems with the new version of Immunet Protect, please let us know either here on the forums at Immunet Forum, or via email at support@immunet.com.

Thank you for your continued support!

The Immunet Protect Team

New Release: Immunet 6.0.8 - Announcements

And that is fixed now this this release

Immunet 6.0.6 Windows 10 Compatibility

Immunet 6.0.6 Windows 10 Compatibility - Announcements

With best Regards
Mops21

V 6.0.8 installed and working fine and good(y)

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
New tech in action:
1536335573468.png

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
So it's got a behaviour blocker now?
This latest version of Immunet provides the same great protection against malware and viruses as before, but also includes Malicious Activity Protection (MAP) engine for detecting ransomware, System process protection detection notifications, Connector UI improvement, Performance improvements, Support for Windows Server 2016 and other bug fixes.
Source: New Release : Immunet 6.2.0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.