Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
note: this version is currently having problem with the cloud that the 2 cloud engines become useless
many users have reported it. I also have the problem

it doesn't have a true BB? I executed python ransomware with cloud engines disconnected. The VM was encrypted

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
1536339721027.png1536339726693.png
Two more. This system is infected - seems it caught something.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Immunet 6.2.0 Build 10768:
This latest version of Immunet provides the same great protection against malware and viruses as before, but also includes Malicious Activity Protection (MAP) engine for detecting ransomware, Connector UI improvement, Performance improvements, Support for Windows Server 2016 and other bug fixes.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
So they added another feature to Immunet.
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/p.../amp-for-endpoints/white-paper-c11-740980.pdf

Malicious Activity Protection (MAP) engine included in the AMP Connector Version 6.1.5 for Windows defends your endpoints by monitoring the system and identifying processes that exhibit malicious activities when they execute and stops them from running.

Malicious Activity Protection provides run-time detection and blocking of abnormal behavior of a running program on the endpoint (for example, behaviors associated with ransomware).

The MAP engine is a behavioral-based detection engine that identifies malicious actions that are happening on the endpoint at run time. After extensive research with many variants of ransomware samples observed in the wild, the AMP for Endpoints research and development team has attributed common behaviors associated with such threats to build a rule set that is a part of the engine, residing on the AMP Connector itself.
How it works:
The MAP engine constantly checks for certain changes (explained further) on the protected system to identify the processes that should be convicted when activities outlined in the behavioral rule set are matched. The following actions can be taken on processes detected by MAP, according to the policy configuration: - Log the detection: In this mode, the identified malicious process is not blocked by MAP, but the detection is logged in the AMP for Endpoints console. (This is Audit mode, where no blocking or quarantine action happens, but the detection is logged.) - Block process execution: In this mode, the malicious binary is identified and blocked, and no longer allowed to execute (similar to how the Application Blocking feature works). - Quarantine process: This mode terminates the offending process and places the files into quarantine. The set of detection rules in the MAP engine look for abnormalities on the system. For example, if the process reads, writes, and renames a set of files within a short span of time, then the rule can trigger to take action on that process. Alternatively, if the process reads and writes the content of a file to a different file and then deletes the original files, then the MAP engine can trigger to take action defined in the policy. These are just a couple of examples of rules present in the rule set. Rules are internal for developers and are never exposed to users, as well as not configurable by users. AMP for Endpoints engineering and research teams are continuously assessing techniques used by malware and ransomware in the wild to enhance the anticipated protection levels. To combat false-positive detections, processes that are identified by the MAP engine as exhibiting malicious activity are checked against guardrails to prevent accidental blocking or quarantine of legitimate applications and operating system components.

Works like Kaspersky system watcher? someone needs to start testing Immunet : )

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I just installed Immunet to give a try.
Seems light on system, low cpu and ram usage.
I have disabled Clam av engine i just want the cloud engines.
I need some help.
I have CleanMem on my system but Immunet is blocking it.
I added as an exclusion but still blocks it.
Can anyone help me?

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
I just installed Immunet to give a try.
Seems light on system, low cpu and ram usage.
I have disabled Clam av engine i just want the cloud engines.
I need some help.
I have CleanMem on my system but Immunet is blocking it.
I added as an exclusion but still blocks it.
Can anyone help me?
Immunet 6.2 is having some problems for many users, especially about the new MAP engine (the one that is giving you that alert). The only way is to add CleanMem to the exclusions on Immunet's settings, but you said you have already done it... I don't know if there is an option to disable the MAP engine

27689_002.gif

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

New release v6.2.4

New Release: Immunet 6.3.0

With best Regards
Mops21

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.