imsoadude's config

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

im using NoScript for firefox, and it work better (for me) than the chrome version, and btw i observed that the addons originally made for FF then transposed to chrome are less good.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Just tried out both NotScripts and ScriptNo and NotScripts is definitly not better than ScriptNo, i find ScriptNo more user friendly and easier to configure than NotScripts. But i have decided to go with neither of them, just preference. I dont really like either of them

D

Deleted member 178

if you are on x64 system (as i can see) you should remove Zemana, it dont protect you totally as an x86 system. many features doesn't work.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
It will ask me more questions like clipboard copying and all that because of the expert mode though and they are working on improving it for x64

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Updated August 30, 2012 - http://malwaretips.com/Thread-imsoadude-s-config

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Need some opinions on free antiviruses, i like to keep my girlfriends computer config basically the same as mine but no pop ups or anything (she doesnt have comodo firewall either) and recently she got a new laptop and it looks like its having blue screen issues from a avast driver so i wasnt sure if i could do comodo antivirus with pop ups for defense plus off (not cis) or avg free? she knows what to watchout for when online so shes not totally at risk but im stuck with picking a antivirus.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have you ever used or the latest Microsoft Security Essentials 4.1?

Install and Forget, as threats are neutralised automatically.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
oh yea? i heard that they were getting really bad reviews though ( http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Microsoft-Security-Essentials-fails-another-test )

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Not with the test I did. It did quite well.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The results are over-exaggerated, because that's what AV Testing companies do. Right?

I think trying the software for yourself, before judging it of some reviews. It's not that bad as others make it out to be.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Alright i think ill give it a try, are the full scan speed any better than previous versions i know it use to take a long time to complete

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
That I would have to say no. They still take forever to complete. but if you have the time to wait it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.