Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
imsoadude said:
and yea except it didnt remove anything McLovin, the uninstaller kept failing lol and since i can't terminate the process i couldnt remove it manually

That would be a bad thing on Bitdefender's part. Most users will go and un-install it via the Control Panel. Also not all users will know if a program has a certain un-install program.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
jamescv7 said:
The boot time for Avira may affect you for more than 15-20 seconds or depends + their removal process isn't right when scanning made troubles like crashes

Restarted a few times now, not much of a slow down noticed :)

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Swapped from avira since the notification was really starting to annoy me, and now im trying out panda cloud :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I haven't used Avira since v2012, what sort of notifications?

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Notification was the wrong word lol They were basically pop ups/ads that came up everytime i would wake my laptop up

Was exactly this but different ad in the window (found this image on google)
Notifier-of-Avira-AntiVir-Personal.jpg

Avasts ads are nothing compared to this.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
imsoadude said:
Notification was the wrong word lol They were basically pop ups/ads that came up everytime i would wake my laptop up

Was exactly this but different ad in the window (found this image on google)

Avasts ads are nothing compared to this.

Wow, and I thought Avast ads were annoying...

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Nope, at least avast ads they disappear after a while, these stay open until you press x or ok, otherwise i think i would have been happy with avira

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Avast are very easy to block.
Using your third-party firewall or Windows Firewall with Advanced Security make a rule to block all connections to "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe".

It doesn't effect Avast updates or the other components.

Enjoy!! :D

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Littlebits said:
Avast are very easy to block.
Using your third-party firewall or Windows Firewall with Advanced Security make a rule to block all connections to "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe".

It doesn't effect Avast updates or the other components.

Enjoy!! :D

Brilliant, thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.