Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Update 05/05/2020
Installed Comodo Internet Security v12.2.2.7036 (Firewall + Antivirus):
  • Proactive Security
  • Autocontainment set to block unknown files
  • HIPS disabled
  • Web filter disabled

I just wanted to try the latest release :)
So far, so good, quite stable and light on resources (y)

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
Update 05/05/2020
Installed Comodo Internet Security v12.2.2.7036 (Firewall + Antivirus):
  • Proactive Security
  • Autocontainment set to block unknown files
  • HIPS disabled
  • Web filter disabled

I just wanted to try the latest release :)
So far, so good, quite stable and light on resources (y)
Have u edited TVL? Just delete all them, all file will be unknown, select all, click on verify, and u are done build u own filter list. Now only trusted malware will be a problem xD. When i use comodo firewall i copy some sponsor from hard configurator by @Andy Ful (the script interpreters+enhanced) under script protection programs.

Last edited:

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Have u edited TVL? Just delete all them, all file will be unknown, select all, click on verify, and u are done build u own filter list. Now only trusted malware will be a problem xD. When i use comodo firewall i copy some sponsor from hard configurator by @Andy Ful (the script interpreters+enhanced) under script protection programs.
Never done that, it's more bothersome than useful.
I used Comodo Internet Security since Windows Vista until Windows 10 has come out and Comodo wasn't able to keep the pace with Microsoft and was breaking the OS every now and then.
In the last couple of years I have tried the Firewall only and the Antivirus only, but as most "Malwaretippers", I have got used to change my configuration quite often to try new stuff ;)

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
@imuade
Have u idea if CIS come with local av database? Or is based on cloud? Their website confused me a bit
If you install the full suite (FW + AV) or the antivirus only, you get the local database too (around 400Mb). If you install the firewall only, you only get the cloud lookup (which is available on antivirus and suite too).
Comodo signatures are average at best, they rely on the containment; but their AV is quite light, so you can use it instead of Windows Defender

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Update 10/05/2020
Side changes to reduce as much as possible installed programs and prefer portable ones, but with integration on Windows preferred apps.
  • Replaced Explzh with 7-zip portable.
  • Replaced FocusOn Image Viewer with Nomacs portable.
  • Replaced SumatraPDF with PDF-XChange Editor portable.
Now the only installed programs I have are:
  • Printer drivers
  • Audio drivers
  • Video drivers
  • Comodo
  • Chromium-Edge

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Update 13/05/2020
Sometimes CAV, even if it's running, can't register properly in Windows Security Center. When this happens, Windows Defender re-activates and runs side by side with CAV, thus resulting in slowdowns.
Therefore I have "downgraded" CIS to CFW and I have re-added FortiClient as antivirus
Other side changes:
  • Replaced 7-zip portable with Bandizip free portable (better integration with Windows, ads can be blocked by firewall)
  • Replaced PDF-XChange Editor portable with SumatraPDF portable (much lighter and quickier to open)

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Update 29/05/2020
Upgraded OS to May 2020 update.
Removed Comodo Firewall. Comodo has apparently banned me from their forums. I can no longer log in and if I try to reset the password, I don't get any email to do so. Therefore I have decided to ban Comodo from my PC.

EDIT
Added TinyWall.
Just wanna check how it is now this little gem

Last edited:

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Update 01/06/2020
Still issues with FortiClient Web Filter, so I have decided to give it up.
Now my security settings are built around Hard_Configurator.
I'm using "Windows_10_Recommended_Enhanced" profile and I have whitelisted my "Portable_SW" folder.
I have added Panda Dome Free only because it's light and can keep the green mark on Windows Security Center.
For malware and phishing protection, I'm back to Blocksi Web Filter on Chromium-Edge.
By the way, Panda, Avast and AVG are the only 3 AVs I'm aware of that can register on WSC right after boot (all the others usually register after 1-2 minutes).
Removed TinyWall because I don't really need it.

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
Update 01/06/2020
I'm using "Windows_10_Recommended_Enhanced" profile and I have whitelisted my "Portable_SW" folder.
I have added Panda Dome Free only because it's light and can keep the green mark on Windows Security Center.
For malware and phishing protection, I'm back to Blocksi Web Filter on Chromium-Edge.
By the way, Panda, Avast and AVG are the only 3 AVs I'm aware of that can register on WSC right after boot (all the others usually register after 1-2 minutes).
I understand u, i have almost the same config, except i use windows defender. If u dont have problem with chinese av u can try quihoo (cloud+ nice sandbox) or huorong (nice hips).

Reactions: amico81 and imuade

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Update 01/06/2020
You didn't like WD? I don't see what added value Panda has for your config. Only because it's light?

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
I understand u, i have almost the same config, except i use windows defender. If u dont have problem with chinese av u can try quihoo (cloud+ nice sandbox) or huorong (nice hips).
I have tried both of them, but Panda is lighter.
I'd rather use 360TSE than 360TS, but they don't update TSE too often.
In my opinion, Huorong is still young, they need to tune it. For example, when I tried it, it was not able to disable Windows Defender

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
You didn't like WD? I don't see what added value Panda has for your config. Only because it's light?
Yes, light and cloud. It's almost unnoticeable on my task manager

Immagine.jpg

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
I have tried both of them, but Panda is lighter.
I'd rather use 360TSE than 360TS, but they don't update TSE too often.
In my opinion, Huorong is still young, they need to tune it. For example, when I tried it, it was not able to disable Windows Defender
Them improved in some way, for sure are able to disable windows defender now xD. If u want something realy light u can consider install secureaplus and remove real time protection, just register as av, so windows defender no start.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.