Once or multiple times per month
Backup and Restore
Windows built-in
Backup schedule
Once or more per week

imuade

Level 11
Verified
Now might be the time to re-visit VoodooShield or VS Pro. I don't know if this is common knowledge, but if you get a 3 year license Dan converts to lifetime. Pro version is stronger & it is much improved. Then your system is locked down with negligible weight. PM me if you want the Pro license details. :whistle: No, I am not an employee of VS nor a major fanboy. :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Thanks, but I'm fine with SysHardener and OSArmor :)
Plus, NoVirusThanks is an Italian Company and I'm Italian too ;)

imuade

Level 11
Verified
Re:HIPS free or paid? Really interested how it does
Free version, I'm using it as anti-exe rather than as sandbox
Do you find that ReHIPS feels lighter than OSA?
I think they are almost the same, but Re:HIPS uses a bit more RAM (around 70Mb vs. around 20Mb).
I like the learning mode of Re:HIPS, it makes it easy to whitelist apps

Moonhorse

Level 28
Verified
Content Creator
Update 22/12/2018
Removed Re:HIPS
Updated Windows 10 to 1809 version
Added AndyFul's Run-by-Smartscreen

I'm wondering if it's worth to replace CleanBrowsing DNS with Neustar DNS or keweon DNS :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Merry Christmas to everybody !!!
I used neustar for a while, it blocks warez sites wich is kinda helpful to avoid anything illegal....their servers are in USA and since im at eu, im getting faster page loads with google/cloudflare so i have stayed with cloudflare for now, since they have dnsEncrypt i guess(?) After all the page loads are that fast anyways i really cant say wich dns im using if i had to guess

I have never tried keweon, so i would suggest trying that out and see the results
Anyway happy holidays (y):coffee:

imuade

Level 11
Verified
Merry Christmas to you, too. :giggle:
By the way, you had some good setups with 3rd party AVs - probably as good as the actual one. Why did you change them to WD (I am just curious)?(y)
Mainly to avoid issues during updates.
I used comodo for years with Vista and 7, but I got many headaches with Windows 10.
Then, I tried several 3rd party AVs, but they all had issues, so I switched to WD tuned by your great SWs :)

Andy Ful

Level 60
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
I used comodo for years with Vista and 7, but I got many headaches with Windows 10.
Then, I tried several 3rd party AVs, but they all had issues, so I switched to WD tuned by your great SWs :)
I followed the similar road.:giggle:(y)
If you have any questions about ConfigureDefender or RunBySmartScreen, then PM or post to MT thread.(y)

Last edited:

Andy Ful

Level 60
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Ok thanks :) But they are very easy to set and use, so I'm totally fine with them :)
I was thinking to give Hard_Configurator a try, but I'm worry I may break something on my system :p
It is made to be safe, so no worry. But, you probably do not need it. Furthermore, H_C requires some learning to make the proper whitelisting - that is the price for using the default-deny setup. Your actual setup is optimal for many users, who are not happy clickers and remember to use RunBySmartScreen for unknown/unsafe files.

oldschool

Level 53
Verified
@Andy Ful is quite right. H_C won't break anything, but the question is do you need it? Even I used it but no longer since I have VS Pro. It's just easier for me and most importantly the wife! Nice setup! (y)