Battle In 2024 which DNS server would you prefer for security, ad blocking and why: DNS0 vs NextDNS vs AdguardDNS

In 2024 Which DNS for Security and AdBlocking, nation blocking: DNS0 vs NEXTDNS vs ADGUARD DNS

• Total voters
Compare list
DNS0, NEXTDNS, ADGUARD DNS, ISP DNS, OTHER
Platform(s)
  1. Any platform

R19933

Level 1
Aug 31, 2023
Well NextDNS just works like tires, you do not contact a tire manufacturer, how to put them on a car. And they implement new features silently, like Steam added to Gaming categories blocklist.
Not really the same at all.. if there is a BGP issue with NextDNS and it's the path towards their AS something else needs to be done at a technical level by them, you cannot say " yeah it just works leave it alone " it does not work like that. Also support ignores you and is non existent and are just deleting all the problems that people reported on their Github, you cannot call that a working service, It's software as a service support is a must.

Morro

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Well, I have not voted yet because yesterday for the fun of it, I switched from using Cloudflare to giving DNS0.EU a chance. I was somewhat afraid it would be a lot slower than Cloudflare, but so far I am personally pleasantly surprised that I am not seeing a noticeable difference? So DNS0.EU is a welcome surprise as far as speed is concerned. (Cloudflare is maybe a bit faster for some people to notice it, I just do not notice.) And DNS0.EU is also in Europe and not in the US, so that is a bonus as well. :) (y)

Reactions: simmerskool

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
When I use the Custom Configuration of ControlD, like Malware + Ads + Phishing, it only gives me the DNS over TLS link, like "no-ads-malware-typo.freedns.controld.com".
What numbers do I insert in the adresses?

Last edited:

rashmi

Level 7
Jan 15, 2024
When I use the Custom Configuration of ControlD, like Malware + Ads + Phishing, it only gives me the DNS over TLS link, like "no-ads-malware-typo.freedns.controld.com".
What numbers do I insert in the adresses?
Look at the setup guide beneath the resolvers, which provides both automatic and manual instructions for various devices, browsers, and more.

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
Look at the setup guide beneath the resolvers, which provides both automatic and manual instructions for various devices, browsers, and more.
Yeah, no numbers.
Don't you still need the numbers, like 76.76.2.1 ?
Opera Instantâneo_2024-06-14_143212_controld.com.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.