Infected Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Since Trend Micro is a cloud protection it would be interesting to see its malware removal capabilities. Anyone tried this software on an infected machine?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yep, I think Mclovin was only the one using Trend Micro these days.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Maybe, but I wouldn't think it would have been installed on an already infected Windows OS.

You can request for a review.

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
Trend Micro is more of a average these days.

There are free antiviruses that are better... like avast.

And many many more paid versions, ESET, Avast, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, and Norton.

D

Deleted member 178

McLovin still use it until his license expire then he will change.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I've performed a test of my own for you to see.

If you can't see the MBAM text mind you I don't record in 720p for nothing so open up a full screen or larger player view. Thanks.

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmuMGqtGAs8

Steve-o

Aug 12, 2011
Yeah I've tried it. It didn't really work though, I was frankly surprised too. Disappointing I found it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Trend Micro was good in prevention but needs an improvement for removal abilities.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well must of missed this topic. I think that Trend Micro is very good with its web filter most of the tests that I have done have been with the web filter on, but I think even the AntiVirus is not as good as the free ones out there. Also James is right Trend Micro has pretty good prevention abilities but not removing them. So I think it is a good AntiVirus for preventing but not one of the best AntiVirus. Also I think that once my license I will choose a different AntiVirus.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Yeah I think it does as well. At the moment I am currently BETA testing the 2012 product and not much has changed in this version either.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
MrXidus said:
I've performed a test of my own for you to see.

If you can't see the MBAM text mind you I don't record in 720p for nothing so open up a full screen or larger player view. Thanks.

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmuMGqtGAs8

trend micro just good in web filter. but not for removal. it's cloud.
thanks for video MrXidus.
+rep

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Yeah Trend Micro has a really good web filter.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Yes I can say I'm a fan of its web filter but not so much on the removal side of an already infected machine but that is what MBAM is best for.
Antivirus is a prevention measure.

win7holic said:
trend micro just good in web filter. but not for removal. it's cloud.
thanks for video MrXidus.
+rep

Your welcome. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.