Advice Request Installing older Windows 10 versions on unsupported Ryzen CPU?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I installed Ghost Spectre's Windows 10 LTSC edition (Defender removed version) on 3 of my friend's old laptop, and they are running fine. Also, installed Avira Free bloatwareless version to keep the system protected against malware.
So you can give this LTSC version a go.

Reactions: roger_m and Mystic

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022
I installed Ghost Spectre's Windows 10 LTSC edition (Defender removed version) on 3 of my friend's old laptop, and they are running fine. Also, installed Avira Free bloatwareless version to keep the system protected against malware.
So you can give this LTSC version a go.
1 more vote for the LTSC version. No blatware. No Windows Store. No Windows Store apps. It is super light and stable. On my device I am running the evaluation version of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 and idle ram usage is just %27 (I have 8GBs).

Never heard of Ghost Spectre version. I'll give it a try.

F

ForgottenSeer 76546

Wait, we are on a "cybersecurity" forum and people want to install a version of windows 10 that doesn't have security update anymore ? Or worse people put trust in a modified windows version modified by some random ass peeps ?
Oh god 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Mystic and upnorth

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Wait, we are on a "cybersecurity" forum and people want to install a version of windows 10 that doesn't have security update anymore ? Or worse people put trust in a modified windows version modified by some random ass peeps ?
Oh god 🤦‍♂️
I'm interested in whether it's possible, not whether it's good or bad.
If you're a member of this forum, you're well aware of the risks of an out-of-date OS.

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 76546

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Oh god 🤦‍♂️
I agree on the update part that it's important to keep the OS updated, but even then it's extremely rare to find a home PC that got issues due to not being updated. I know it very well because here in my country many people never update their Windows but using their PC just fine without any issue. I used to be one of them before I got broadband internet only 8 years ago. The modded guy we are talking about is 100% trusted. It's perfectly normal to be suspicious, but I know what I'm talking about. I only trust two of them. One is, the guy already mentioned, and there's another guy who only uploads up-to-date ISOs whenever MS releases an update.

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022
Oh god 🤦‍♂️
It is only unsupported because MS decided to end support. I'm using 1809 LTSC and it is still supported till 2024 and with extended support till 2029. Microsoft just wants to push everyone to use newer version which are more intrusive than previous ones.

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.