Integer's config

Antar36

Level 1
Verified
May 19, 2015
You need url protection. (WOT , Bitdefender Traffic Light) Add other on demand scanner e.g MBAM or Zemana. Add it uBlock. Do you have a firewall and UAC enabled? If you do not turn on.

MagicTrout

Level 1
Verified
Jun 20, 2015
I think I'll say one thing you do need is either CCleaner or something like Wise Care 365 to speed up your PC

Reactions: JM Safe

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
CCleaner = must-have. Turn off all the auto stuff; just run it after patch Tuesday's reboot and before your monthly defrag (if you have a platter drive) with MyDefrag.

Browser adblocker (how do people suffer ads, really?): Adguard

Windows Backup if your external hard drive is large enough...save you some time and gives you a bare-metal restore option. (I'm assuming Windows 7 backup is on Windows 8 as it is on Windows 10)

Edit: oh yeah, on-demand. MBAM free definitely and herdProtect or VirusTotal uploader

Reactions: Antar36 and JM Safe

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
1) Why not upgrade to Windows 8.1? Do you have any plans for the reservation of Windows 10?

2) AVG Free is fine though and all you need are backup software and on demand scanners.

3) For system restore enhance the try Rollback RX Home and for creating system image then use either Macrium Reflect or AOIMEI Backupper.

4) Extensions for the two browsers are Adguard and HTTPS Everywhere.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.