LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
The gaming chip showdown

The Intel Core i5-12600K vs AMD Ryzen 5 5600X and Ryzen 7 5800X rivalry is a pitched battle for dominance right in the heart of the gaming desktop PC market — the $275 to $300 price point. That might make it seem odd to throw the decidedly more expensive ~$390 Ryzen 7 5800X into the pit with the $289 Core i5-12600K and $299 Ryzen 5 5600X, but make no mistake, Intel's Alder Lake chips punch far above their pricing weight class. That's allowed them to score key upsets against higher-priced Ryzen 5000 chips in the suddenly more competitive AMD vs Intel battle.

AMD's Ryzen chips have absolutely dominated our list of Best CPUs for gaming and our CPU Benchmark hierarchy for the last year, but Intel's new design philosophy is a game-changer. As seen in our previous Intel Core i9-12900K vs Ryzen 9 5900X and 5950X faceoff, Intel's hybrid x86 Alder Lake design represents the company's most disruptive architectural shift in a decade, upsetting AMD's highest-end mainstream chips.

Reactions: Jack

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
People looking at ADL should absolutely grab one of these 12600Ks between 275-300USD.
They are getting sold out regularly. So high demand will push prices up. Don't wait for the cheaper boards
has prices may be higher then if you want build a new system

The title should read Intel finally humbled or brought to their knees. Sells new CPUs cheaper than AMD
Since they always priced there offerings higher to say AMD products are inferior compared to theirs
AMD Ryzen has not fallen its Intel who have fallen.

Has far has the joke that is Tomshardware goes. you just have to read the comments section to see how their own readers feel about them. Me included since I was there since before 2007. /end rant

Last edited:

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I'd never want to be an early adapter. Cpu/Os releases often have problems that need fixes that take time. Like denovo problems with the new Intel or Windows 11 and AMD speed problems. I'm not in the mood to beta test stuff I paid for (hardware wise). That goes for AMD and Intel for me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.