Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Which Company Processors are better.
What i found is that Intel processor had clock speed max upto 4.4GHz whereas AMD has clock speed max upto 5GHz (Home User Processor)​

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
My last 2 computers had AMD installed. I was very pleased with the performance of AMD. Now if they could just make a hard drive to last as long as the AMD processor I would be very happy.

Reactions: MrExplorer

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I have AMD Phenom II X6 1045T Processor 2.70GHz overclocked to 3.40GHz and it is faster than my Intel i3-3227u laptop.

Sometimes the clock speed doesn't determine how fast the processor is on dual-core, quad-core and six-core processors.

I have seen some dual-core, quad-core and six-core processors run much faster than single core processors with much higher clock speeds.

So never go by clock speeds alone to determine how fast a processor can run.

One of my customers has an Intel i5 with 1.9GHz and it runs super fast.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2011...nship-between-cpu-clockspeed-and-performance/

http://www.howtogeek.com/177790/why-you-cant-use-cpu-clock-speed-to-compare-computer-performance/

Enjoy!! :D

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
The clock speed is the last thing you campare with.. for example Pentium 4 has 3.4GHz while a i7 has 2.4GHz. If you want to compare you must provide module names of both.

Reactions: MrExplorer

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Its nearly impossible to say which one is better. Performance doesn't solely depend on a processor, you have to have matching mother board, RAM, HDD etc. Some configuration match perfectly and some don't, thats why you may find two computers having same processors providing different performance. Both the companies make very good processors and its best to use the recommended accessories with them; then only you can get the best performance.

Reactions: Littlebits

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Just like it was said many times...
AMD has higher frequencies of their CPU's, can be more overclocked, has more cores and they are cheaper. And there is a reason for that.

Lets take Intel Core i5 4670K VS AMD FX 8350

Intel has 4 cores with base clock at 3.4 GHz and can be overclocked
AMD has 8 cores with base clock at 4 GHz and can be overclocked

So, logically, by the numbers above someone would say that AMD is much better. But it isn't. Intel's single core is much stronger than AMD's. So it's like you have two warriors, one has 8 swords made of quality wood and another has 4 swords made of quality steel. On who would you bet?

In this case even AMD has more cores (would easily manage multithreaded apps, or more apps at once) it would have only 2% higher performance compared to the Intel who has double less cores.
And in single threaded apps Intel is 53% faster.
Also power consumption is much much better with Intel's CPU's.
And many other factors like cache, manufacturing process, performance per watt, instructions per transistor, etc etc

Not all the games or apps are optimized to run multithreaded with more than 3 or 4 threads (or cores), today.
Do not get me wrong. Both CPUs are just fine and really powerful.
But if you ask who is better, Intel would be better, much or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.