Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
rsz_really-pl-ffffff-3.jpg

When seeing this I'm actually ashamed being 19 years old like probably some of them lol

Last edited:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Ahhh I'm not that old myself, still quite young but I do remember my very first every computer running Windows 95. Got it for my birthday actually, 8 birthday if I remember, and that's when computers grew for me. From having 64MB of ram, 512MB hard drive, shows that technology has come so far thanks to the grandfather Bill Gates. :)
Awesome video! :)

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
Well if it weren't for driver installation nightmares, GUI and software issues, I'd use Windows 3.1 (8 x 1.44 Floppy disks). Will beat any boot times you currently have :p

I think this was my first one, the BBC micro that you could plug to your TV as well:
2543418-5656066906-_5705.jpg

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
So funny :D
I remember those times, but todays computers are much more comfortable :D

56k modem anybody? Download a single .mp3 file - finished after ~30 minutes *strike* :D:D:D

Thanks for sharing @Inkurax :)

@Sana: Remember 3.11 (or 3.1?) as well, very first laptop (!) I got (an old, used one, the previous owner gave away for free), not for doing anything more than getting amused 'bout some system sounds, too young :)
Could have hammered nails in the wall with that one :D

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
So funny :D
I remember those times, but todays computers are much more comfortable :D

56k modem anybody? Download a single .mp3 file - finished after ~30 minutes *strike* :D:D:D

Thanks for sharing @Inkurax :)
I started with speeds under 56k :p
Got my 1st internet bill that was so huge, that I had to live off insta-noodles for a whole month!

Back then you still had false marketing e.g. many printer companies claiming photo realistic pics etc, and they hadn't even reached 300dpi back then :p

@Der.Reisende There was 3.1 and 3.11. OMG that laptop would have been the size of laser printer :p
BTW, I might still have a brand new US Robotics 56k modem, and some museum stuff like 486 or Pentium 1 lying around too :p

Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I started with speeds under 56k :p
Got my 1st internet bill that was so huge, that I had to live off insta-noodles for a whole month!

Back then you still had false marketing e.g. many printer companies claiming photo realistic pics etc, and they hadn't even reached 300dpi back then :p
Wow, 56k was even slow :D But yes, heard of it (pooh, now I should join those kiddies :D)

Oh wow ;) Good we have DSL + flatrate today :)

Yes, remember those old printers, even those with the needles and those making lots of noise (or are those the same?:D)

P.S. Best comment in the vid: No WiFi? Worst case! ---> poor youth :D

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Haha :D my 1st computer was a Commodore VIC=20 3,5 KiloBytes of RAM, no operating system, just turn on and start to program in BASIC... later I also got Commodore C=64 and Sinclair ZX Spectrum, and knew a Sinclair ZX-81 of a friend :rolleyes: so W95 was great! :)

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
Wow, 56k was even slow :D But yes, heard of it (pooh, now I should join those kiddies :D)

Oh wow ;) Good we have DSL + flatrate today :)

Yes, remember those old printers, even those with the needles and those making lots of noise (or are those the same?:D)

P.S. Best comment in the vid: No WiFi? Worst case! ---> poor youth :D
No, the inkjets. Those needle ones are still used for double or triple copy printing and mostly suited for text or Asciiart :p

So we've come a long way from having a calculator the size of a house to having Google glass.
Can't wait till they come out with Star Trek teleportation. One thing I do find crazy would be, your body is teleported, but your soul is lost.... that'd be scary :p

@harlan4096 Oh boy, that must be around the time or before them BBC computers. Basic or LOGO, were the things taught in school back then.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
my 1st computer ; the UBER THomson MO6 :D

OLD-COMPUTERS.COM : The Museum

i played diablo on 56k :p a torture lol

With a cassette :D Awesome :) I remember Floppy disks and discettes, but I've never seen cassettes in any other use than for listening /recording tones :)
Diablo over 56k - wow :D Let's do the same with CoD :D

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Haha :D my 1st computer was a Commodore VIC=20 3,5 KiloBytes of RAM, no operating system, just turn on and start to program in BASIC... later I also got Commodore C=64 and Sinclair ZX Spectrum, and knew a Sinclair ZX-81 of a friend :rolleyes: so W95 was great! :)
I had an Atari before the C64, modded it later on to be like the future C128 :D
Never went with the Amiga though, I bought a used Commodore 286, 12MHz, 1024KB memory and 10MB HDD, started with DOS on it and ended up with Windows 3.11
Got a Windows 95 trial disk from MS at a computer show just before release date, man I was excited when I came home to install the new OS.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.