Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubseven

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Hello hello,

I have a problem with Internet Download Manager (IDM) since my new PC (64 bits/Windows 7)
I have tryed everything, searched on Google, nothing to do, when i download a file, the file can't run (corrupt file), and with .rar, the files in are corrupt on extraction.

How to fix that?
Anyone get that problem?

I love the speed of IDM and i don't want to change this :/
Thanks

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Never had any issues either myself, but you could check the link I provided for some ideas as to why it may occur:

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/register/new_faq/problems9.html

"GENERAL QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS
Downloaded files are corrupted. Why does it happen?
When IDM downloads a file using several connections, IDM requests several bytes more for every file part to match the adjacent file part data which was downloaded by another connection. When IDM resumes a download, it falls back on several bytes and compares the beginning on new data with the end of old data downloaded earlier. When the data does not match, IDM will re-download the non-matching file part from the beginning. When the data does not match in several connections, IDM will start downloading the file from scratch using one connection. "

Hope this helps!:)

Reactions: Koroke San
Upvote 0

Dubseven

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
never had such issue...could it be your AV??
All desactivated, same problem.

Never had any issues either myself, but you could check the link I provided for some ideas as to why it may occur:

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/register/new_faq/problems9.html

"GENERAL QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS
Downloaded files are corrupted. Why does it happen?
When IDM downloads a file using several connections, IDM requests several bytes more for every file part to match the adjacent file part data which was downloaded by another connection. When IDM resumes a download, it falls back on several bytes and compares the beginning on new data with the end of old data downloaded earlier. When the data does not match, IDM will re-download the non-matching file part from the beginning. When the data does not match in several connections, IDM will start downloading the file from scratch using one connection. "

Hope this helps!:)

It's happens for all files, all hosts :(

Try to uninstall it with third party uninstaller & reinstall it & see if it's works? :)

try 5 times, same problem :(

Reactions: Koroke San
Upvote 0

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
the functionality of eagleget is almost identical to IDM though when youtube changes stuff on their server IDM is faster to make a workaround than others like eagleget which is not a really big deal.

as for your problem, are using any proxy settings or vpn? either in IDM or your browser that your capturing the link from.

Upvote 0

Dubseven

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
the functionality of eagleget is almost identical to IDM though when youtube changes stuff on their server IDM is faster to make a workaround than others like eagleget which is not a really big deal.

as for your problem, are using any proxy settings or vpn? either in IDM or your browser that your capturing the link from.

No proxy, no VPN, all is clean.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
One more thing to try is to change the setting in options> save too menu">temporary directory to C:\IDM\
If folder does not exist create a new one called IDM

mc-adcunchyqupndofeudki.jpg

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

i stop using IDM a week ago, my Browser (Maxthon Cloud) got all IDM's features built-in ^^

for your issue, can you try to:

- uninstall it TOTALLY (folder, registry, in fact all leftovers)
- reset your Hosts file/DNS
- reboot
- reinstall it
- change the destination directory and set all setting as default ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.