SOLVED Internet not accessible on some programs after Malwarebytes scan and quarantine

Discussion in 'Malware Removal Assistance For Windows' started by Mike Blanco, Aug 28, 2017.

Need Malware Removal Help?

We offer free malware removal assistance to our members. Sign Up now, and get free malware removal support.

1. Mike Blanco

Mike Blanco New Member

Aug 28, 2017
    California
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?:
    64-bit (x64)
    Infection date and initial symptoms:
    I had redirection happening in all web browsers. Installed malwarebytes, ran a scan, and quarantined all threats. Not sure when the first instance of symptoms happened. I was just living with it until it became unbearable just recently.
    Current issues and symptoms:
    After the scan and quarantine, Microsoft edge has crashed and wont work and my other apps say there is not internet connection. Internet does still work fine with Chrome and Firefox though.
    Steps taken in order to remove the infection:
    Ran Norton power eraser and malwarebytes. Tried resetting Edge but that just seems to have made the problem worse, no it wont even open.
    Logs added to help request:
    • FRST.txt
    • Addition.txt
    • I've also uploaded logs from other scans that I've performed
    I can really use some help with this. I am stoked that the threat that was present seems to be gone but now I have a non-operational Edge browser and no access to my apps or even the app store. And that is only what I know about so far, just started to get burnt out.

Attached Files:

2. TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle Removal Expert
    Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
  3. Mike Blanco

Mike Blanco New Member

Aug 28, 2017
    California
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I didn't see the email saying there was a response. tried those steps but I am still unable to connect to Pandora and Edge still doesn't connect. My chrome browser still works fine, seems to be just the Microsoft apps and apps downloaded through the store

4. TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle Removal Expert
    Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
  5. Mike Blanco

Mike Blanco New Member

Aug 28, 2017
    California
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    My man, just had the time to run this and it appears this has done the trick! I now have my apps back up and running as well as my edge browser. Thank you so much for your assistance! I noticed that every issue that came across your desk you were able to handle in other searches, glad you could help me. Again, thank you so much.