Internet security 2013 Kaspersky vs Norton

Do i better switch to Norton internet security 2013

• Total voters

Mutant_Guy

Thread author
Nov 14, 2012
Hi my KIS is finishing. I found both are good. What you guys recommend at the moment? I already have kaspersky so if both are balanced i don't want to swap to another one. Meanwhile i'm sad that av comparative doesn't include norton in recent reviews. Please post your opinions asap as i have to buy one today itself.

My system

i5-3570k
2x 4gb hyper x
320 gb 2.5in WD black (HDD)
Windows 8 pro 64bit.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
If your happy with Kaspersky in terms of protection, then stay with them.
Norton is lighter on the system.

You can always try a 30 day trial with Norton just to compare the two.

Mutant_Guy

Thread author
Nov 14, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Viking said:
You can always try a 30 day trial with Norton just to compare the two.

yes, compare then choose

I'm not a person who typically get infected. I really want to do 2 installations if kaspersky is comparable to norton. But if norton have comparable advantage i'm willing to swap

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From your specification those suite are really capable in the system.

You may try KIS 2013 since it has almost a complete features and may not slowdown for your system even some reports stated to be heavy from others.

For Norton its likely an install and forget + proved to be light in the system.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Windows 8 offers excellent security, you don't need to buy a software for protection.

Just use Windows Defender + UAC + Windows Firewall.

Never approve prompts from UAC for unknown processes and you should never get a single malware infection.

Thanks.:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.