App Review Comparative Antivirus : Kaspersky VS F-Secure VS Norton

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello all! :)
Today I decided to make my first comparison, comparing Kaspersky, F-Secure and Norton.
These are the 3 antiviruses that I hear the most at the moment, so they will compete to see who will win!

The test battery is identical: 5 Phishing URLs, 10 malware URLs, 1 fake crack full of malware, 1 pack of 6981 threats.
Disinfection with Hitman Pro only.

Phishing Test:

The 1st is Kaspersky and achieves a score of 2/5.
A little disappointed...

The second one is F-Secure and achieves an almost flawless score of 4/5

And finally Norton makes a score of 1/4 (1 URL was dead)

Our competitors are hot, let's go on !

Malware :

Norton and F-Secure make the same score : 10/10
On the other hand, our friend Kaspersky gets screwed... The 10th URL was a Ransomware, and Kaspersky does not stop it... Impossible to continue! Kaspersky is eliminated.

Fake crack:

F-Secure and Norton both block it.

Malware Pack:

F-Secure took 1h to analyze and clean, Norton took 2h45 !!!
The 2 antiviruses blocked many threats during the execution, but I found F-Secure much more comfortable. Norton had trouble from time to time.

Result Hitman Pro :

F-Secure makes a machine healthy! Only files in the archive are detected.
Norton lets through 2 active infections, and several files from the pack (the files are not counted, only the active infections count)

Overall Test:

1st : F-Secure. Makes a machine healthy, and new!
2nd : Norton. Passes 2 infections
3rd : Kaspersky, the disappointment. A Ransomware passed preventing it from continuing....

The comparison took 6 hours to complete!

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Today I decided to make my first comparison, comparing Kaspersky, F-Secure and Norton.
These are the 3 antiviruses that I hear the most at the moment, so they will compete to see who will win!

The test battery is identical: 5 Phishing URLs, 10 malware URLs, 1 fake crack full of malware, 1 pack of 6981 threats.

Phishing Test:

A little disappointed...

Malware :

On the other hand, our friend Kaspersky gets screwed... The 10th URL was a Ransomware, and Kaspersky does not stop it... Impossible to continue! Kaspersky is eliminated.

Fake crack:

Malware Pack:

The 2 antiviruses blocked many threats during the execution, but I found F-Secure much more comfortable. Norton had trouble from time to time.

Result Hitman Pro :

Norton lets through 2 active infections, and several files from the pack (the files are not counted, only the active infections count)

Overall Test:

3rd : Kaspersky, the disappointment. A Ransomware passed preventing it from continuing....

Good test! Thank you for you. Good job. :)

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
After checking and seeing @Andrew3000 links, file number 10 is not a Ransomware, but a ScreenLocker FakeTechScam.

Sorry for the mistake, the behavior of the malware misled me.
But the result doesn't change (you can kill it with the command, but I don't think Mrs Michu knows it)

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Shadowra if u have time we would like to watch the new Eset Internet Security hard test.;)

Already tested ;)

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Already tested ;)
This is Eset Smart Security Premium with LiveGuard. I'm speak about Eset Internet Security without LiveGuard.

gigi64

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
I do not like Norton and F-secure anymore, because they boycotted my country, and did not differentiate between the people and the government and people cant update this product whithout vpn .But these two companies Eset ,kaspersky did not create this problem for the people of my country. They can easily act and be updated.
So I choose Kaspersky.

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014

icarus

Level 2
Oct 29, 2021

Phishing Test:

A little disappointed...

Malware :

Fake crack:

Malware Pack:

Result Hitman Pro :

Overall Test:

good work can you please do the same with avg total security vs bullguard premium protection?Because i want to get new pc i want to get best from those 2 cz those both is my personal favorite

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
the problem is every security product has ups and downs
Kaspersky has always been great and consistent but today they seem to have some problems with recent malwares (covid in Russia is increasing exponentially?)

one month later, maybe if you perform the test again, the winner can be kaspersky or norton and f-secure would be last. Who knows :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.