Serious Discussion Introducing : Norton Secure Browser

Jengo

Level 6
Thread author
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
You call Norton trustworthy? Now defunct, Norton profited from their customers by installing a crypto-miner in 2021-22. Most of the now Gen-owned cybersecurity companies have been involved with using deceptive tactics.

If a branded "Secure Browser" is needed to stay safe, then there's a clear lack of guidance, knowledge and understanding of how to use the Internet safely.
Omg, talking about old news and they already removed it. Maybe mention the Avast scandal too from years ago, since we get old cows active again.
If you dont like Norton, well thats your opinion, stop digging to satisfy your mind set, thanks !

Reactions: simmerskool

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Omg, talking about old news and they already removed it. Maybe mention the Avast scandal too from years ago, since we get old cows active again.
If you dont like Norton, well thats your opinion, stop digging to satisfy your mind set, thanks !
Where do you stop and draw the line between shovelling everything under the rug, to actually identifying and pointing out that Norton has made controversial decisions, and that NOT all their products are needed?

Most people can use Chrome (pre-MV3), Edge, Firefox without needing another branded browser for Secure sessions.

Jengo

Level 6
Thread author
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
Where do you stop and draw the line between shovelling everything under the rug, to actually identifying and pointing out that Norton has made controversial decisions, and that NOT all their products are needed?

Most people can use Chrome (pre-MV3), Edge, Firefox without needing another branded browser for Secure sessions.
Excuse me, is this a discussion forum ? I think so right... so whats your issue ?
If you dont want people to share news , then dont allow it, instead you act aggressive and not mature. Like i said if you dont like Norton or Gen or what ever.. please keep it for yourself.
You are an Admin i see, well you should act NOT so agressive at all then.

Not going to reply here in this topic anymore, apparantly its not allowed.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Excuse me, is this a discussion forum ? I think so right... so whats your issue ?
If you dont want people to share news , then dont allow it, instead you act aggressive and not mature. Like i said if you dont like Norton or Gen or what ever.. please keep it for yourself.
You are an Admin i see, well you should act NOT so agressive at all then.

Not going to reply here in this topic anymore, apparantly its not allowed.
It's not just Norton, there are many instances where cyber-security companies are releasing the "Secure Browser" yet are unable to keep it up-to-date with the latest Chromium or Firefox builds excluding ESR.

Look at your immature reaction before submitting an Internet reply.

Inzingor

Level 1
Oct 15, 2023
And how many versions is the Norton browser behind the official release? I prefer the official build with all the latest updates.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.