Introducing the "Trusted Members" Group

Discussion in 'Community Announcements' started by Jack, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oxygen

Oxygen Level 42

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    Windows 10
    Was it me?
  2. Cowpipe

Cowpipe New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Lol, I can't imagine you bullying people on here :p I've been bullied by members on here though. Doesn't affect me too much but you know, it isn't nice really.
  3. Chromatinfish 123

May 26, 2014
    Canada/United States
    Some people are more sensitive than others. Me, I need to be tortured for a week before I frown ( Well, a little exaggerated, but you get the idea...).
    Der.Reisende, kram7750 and Cowpipe like this.
  4. Aura

Aura Level 20

Jul 29, 2014
    Technical Support Tier 2
    Québec, Canada
    Windows 10
    I'm not going to say that I ... "bully" people here (I'm new, why would I do that), but on HF, if I spot someone in the Windows or White Hat Help sections that gives random, stupid, inaccurate, etc. advices or "assistance" ... You can grab a seat with popcorn because there will be a show.
  5. Cch123

Cch123 Level 7

May 6, 2014
    I like this idea, but here's a small suggestion: Perhaps make it possible for members to nominate others?
    Der.Reisende likes this.
  6. Umbra

Umbra Level 61
    Content Creator

May 16, 2011
    Beta tester
    Europe > S-E Asia
    Windows 10
    Could be one factor but some others are only known by staff members ^^
  7. Oxygen

Oxygen Level 42

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    Windows 10
    I try my best to be as nice as I can, but If they are the one that is "bullying" me then I will start to defend myself "within comments" and not with real fights.
  8. glasswitch

glasswitch Level 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Retired ex Industrial Chemist
    New South Wales
    Well I was bullied all of my young life because of being 'different' from my peers - I had nothing and was a serious kid- so I would never bully anyone, cause I know how it feels even after all these years. So let's just be nice, polite and tolerant to each other - there is enough nastiness in the world today!
  9. Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2 Level 37

Dec 4, 2013
    Southern California (east of Los Angeles)
    Windows 10
    #49 Cats-4_Owners-2, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    @glasswitch, I just wanted to comment that those many years ago you must have had something quite special within yourself, then, for now you also have the experience, tolerance, and the patience, to be nice which serves a greater good by helping others to do the same!!:D

Btw, I do like the idea of an additional "Trusted Members Group" to our already extraordinary site!:cool:
    frogboy, Der.Reisende and glasswitch like this.
  10. glasswitch

glasswitch Level 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Retired ex Industrial Chemist
    New South Wales

Thank you for those kind words, I find life a great teacher to those who want to learn.:)
    Also,I think that having a "Trusted Members Group" is a great idea!
    Cats-4_Owners-2 and Der.Reisende like this.
  11. Exterminator

Exterminator Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Windows 10
    As a staff member here on MT,I always try and help anyone I can and try and answer every PM.Talking down to people and forgetting that,because we are not actually talking,replies can get taken out of context is not going to be of help to anyone.Bullying in any form is not going to happen.All staff try and stop these type of actions as soon as we see them but unfortunately we cant be everywhere all the time.Just like the other members,we too have jobs,families and personal commitments.That is why this group will be so valuable to the site and the members that are chosen are definitely not going to talk down to or bully anyone here on MT!!!!!!
  12. MalwareT

MalwareT Guest

Thanks @Jack for this, i always do my best (and i'm glad) to be part of this great community :)
    Der.Reisende, Jack and Anupam like this.
  13. Manzai

Manzai Guest

Good idea ;)
    Der.Reisende likes this.
  14. nsm0220

nsm0220 Level 21

Sep 9, 2013
    Windows 7
    i like the idea as well
    Der.Reisende and NSG001 like this.
  15. Adhit Prakosho

Adhit Prakosho New Member

Sep 14, 2014
    very good idea, I hope to get it ;)
    Der.Reisende and frogboy like this.
  16. ahmad123

ahmad123 New Member

Aug 31, 2014
    tankeyou jack the forum for all:confused:
    Der.Reisende likes this.
  • About Us

Our community has been around since 2010, and we pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds about security and technology . We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.
  • Need Malware Removal Help?

If you're being redirected from a site you’re trying to visit, seeing constant pop-up ads, unwanted toolbars or strange search results, your computer may be infected with malware. We offer free malware removal assistance to our members in the Malware Removal Assistance forum.
  • Quick Tip

Without meaning to, you may click a link that installs malware on your computer. To keep your computer safe, only click links and downloads from sites that you trust. Don’t open any unknown file types, or download programs from pop-ups that appear in your browser.