Introducing the "Trusted Members" Group

Discussion in 'Community Announcements' started by Jack, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack

Jack Administrator
    Staff Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Bucharest
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    Hello,
    Today we would like to announce a new group for MalwareTips members. The group is called "Trusted Members" and at this point in time, it comes with a green and shiny badge, a private forum and our most high degree of appreciation. Other perks may follow soon...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Promotion to the "Trusted Members" group is done manually by the staff members, after the member activity is analyzed in our Admin forums.

When a member activity will be reviewed we will take into account:
    1. Helpfulness and Quality of Posts - We will analyze the posts, looking for good and quality posts (eg: tutorials, help provided to other users, guides, reviews).
    2. Reputation - The level of reputation that the member has in the MalwareTips Community.
    3. Grammar - The posts of the member should have a proper spelling and punctuation.
    Most importantly when will review a member, we will be looking at the quality and helpfulness of the posts. This thread, reflects just one of the requirements of the "Trusted Members" group.

On very important rule: Never ask to be promoted to this group as this will void your chance of promotion. We take this rule very seriously, so please DO NOT ASK TO BE PROMOTED!

With this in mind, we are happy to announce this group today, and we hope that many, many members will be promoted to this group. We already have some members which we will like to promote, and we have some members who are making exceptional good posts which we follow. Bottom line, everyone can be in this group as long as they are knowledgeable, helpful and overall good members.

2. Chromatinfish 123

May 26, 2014
    Canada/United States
    Kaspersky
    I think almost everybody will eventually be in this group, there isn't any foul language or abuse in this forum. It's one of the most peaceful forums I've ever seen! Anyways, good luck to all members!

Thanks @Jack for promoting friendly and helpful posts, I joined when I saw that posts were very helpful and members were very nice.

3. MrExplorer

MrExplorer Level 28

Nov 15, 2012
    Want to become an Cyber Security Expert
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
  4. Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro Level 29
    Trusted

Aug 3, 2013
    EMSISOFT Re-Seller
    India
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Well, now we have some confidence of asking help and provide proper support by a member in this forum, Instead of posting unnecessary threads.

5. Sounds like a good idea, good luck to all.

Der.Reisende and King Mellow like this.
  6. kram7750

kram7750 New Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Okay. After seeing this im stopping ALL of the trolling for good and all the rubbish.

UPDATE: @Jack can you clear my profile page status updates? Thanks.

Der.Reisende, Tornado and venustus like this.
  7. Mateotis

Mateotis Level 10

Mar 28, 2014
    Heh, "El Dorado". :D

Great job as always Jack, I know a few of people who would be worthy. :) Of course, it's completely up to you guys!

Der.Reisende and Jack like this.
  8. Exterminator

Exterminator Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2012
    USA
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    I think this will be a great way to honor & reward good,active & knowledgeable forum members.This will also give new and less experienced members a way to ask for help and not feel as reluctant to ask as they might be with a staff member.
    No member should take offense to not being selected right away as there are many factors that go into the selection process.
    @Chromatinfish 123 is right,this is one of the best forums I have been a member of.This new group will only make MT that much better
    and personally i think most all of our new and longtime active members are "trusted members".

9. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    MalwareTips, this website is the best (by far ..) I found on the web, cause here reign seamless and steady freedom, thanks to Jack, and all staff members!
    We can talk about everything starting of course with the web security, and ending on the pictures of waterfall with rainbows and books we love to read. The family atmosphere, help and friendship, really. That's why we grow every day.
    My last word to finish well - thank you very much Jack and staff! All your decisions are welcome.
    Peace to you all.

10. Anupam

Anupam Level 21

Jul 7, 2014
    Windows 7
    I am so sad. My grammar is not so good :(. May be one day I will learn it and then I will have the chance to be in this group.

11. Chromatinfish 123

May 26, 2014
    Canada/United States
    Kaspersky
    You're better than a lot of people I know:
    Hey doesn't yu use Bitdefender Antivirus's??

12. Cowpipe

Cowpipe New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Gaffer
    An excellent idea and one which I can see really taking off and encouraging the members here who have a lot of potential to share more with the community, and indeed I think it will be great for new members who will probably feel more comfortable asking questions of the Trusted Members group than asking staff members for help :)

And of course, perhaps most importantly for anyone who earns their stripes and becomes a trusted member, being able to proudly display the MT badge will encourage them to come back and continue to help out by making them feel appreciated.

Once again, a great idea! Thanks to @Jack and the team ;)

13. Exterminator

Exterminator Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2012
    USA
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    I think staying on topic would also help in a bid for the coveted trusted members group :)

14. Raul90

Raul90 New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Appreciation is a thing that inspire people to improve more. Thanks Jack for this. I am sure that the members are eager who will be anointed as such :)

15. juhful

juhful Level 12

Jun 22, 2013
    North America
    Great idea, it can only make the site even better, well if that's even possible ;)

16. Chromatinfish 123

May 26, 2014
    Canada/United States
    Kaspersky
    Yeah, it's a bad thing about forums in general. Especially:

(Post about ESET high RAM usage)

Member1 : Great Topic! Wonder how Bitdefender compares?
    Member2: Bitdefender is higher, did you hear about Bitdefender 2015? It's lowered.
    Member3: Also Autopilot in Bitdefender 2015 doesn't have that glitch anymore.
    Member4: It's still buggier than Kaspersky though...
    Member5: I think Trend Micro is the most stable
    Member6: Nope, Tiranium is stable and offers great protection!
    Member7: Wait, wasn't Tiranium advertisment in YouTube yesterday?
    Member8: Yeah, I also watched a Game Of Thrones walkthrough
    Member9: Clash of Clans is better!
    Member10: Nope, Forge of Empires!
    Me: Umm... Seriously :p

17. Pankaj

Pankaj New Member

Apr 19, 2014
    IT Professional
    Chandigarh
    Wow Great feature Jack. Hope to get is soon. :D Joking :p

Der.Reisende likes this.
  18. Dani Santos

Dani Santos From Xvirus
    Developer

Jun 3, 2014
    Portugal
    Windows 10
    Xvirus
    It's a great ideia :)

Der.Reisende likes this.
  19. Aura

Aura Level 20

Jul 29, 2014
    Technical Support Tier 2
    Québec, Canada
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I can already see a few members getting promoted to that group and I've been there since only a week or a week and a half now. Looks like this group is a goal to achieve here and I love goal so it's just perfect. I'm still a bit lost around the forum right now, have to get used to that mix of forum/Facebook.

But overall, nice idea so far. I wish a such group would exist on HF and other forums where I give assistance, as it would make my life so much easier as the OP would listen to me straight away and wouldn't lose them with useless/random solutions given by other wannabes. But that's just my rant.

Der.Reisende, Umbra and Malware1 like this.
  20. altanz

altanz New Member

Jul 12, 2014
    reminds of the piratebay ranking. I hope this ranking enchances the forum for all ...

Der.Reisende likes this.