Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,
Today we would like to announce a new group for MalwareTips members. The group is called "Trusted Members" and at this point in time, it comes with a green and shiny badge, a private forum and our most high degree of appreciation. Other perks may follow soon...

2OiYMjY.jpg

yNIGCEY.jpg

Promotion to the "Trusted Members" group is done manually by the staff members, after the member activity is analyzed in our Admin forums.

When a member activity will be reviewed we will take into account:
  1. Helpfulness and Quality of Posts - We will analyze the posts, looking for good and quality posts (eg: tutorials, help provided to other users, guides, reviews).
  2. Reputation - The level of reputation that the member has in the MalwareTips Community.
  3. Grammar - The posts of the member should have a proper spelling and punctuation.
Most importantly when will review a member, we will be looking at the quality and helpfulness of the posts. This thread, reflects just one of the requirements of the "Trusted Members" group.

On very important rule: Never ask to be promoted to this group as this will void your chance of promotion. We take this rule very seriously, so please DO NOT ASK TO BE PROMOTED!

With this in mind, we are happy to announce this group today, and we hope that many, many members will be promoted to this group. We already have some members which we will like to promote, and we have some members who are making exceptional good posts which we follow. Bottom line, everyone can be in this group as long as they are knowledgeable, helpful and overall good members.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I think almost everybody will eventually be in this group, there isn't any foul language or abuse in this forum. It's one of the most peaceful forums I've ever seen! Anyways, good luck to all members!

Thanks @Jack for promoting friendly and helpful posts, I joined when I saw that posts were very helpful and members were very nice.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I think this will be a great way to honor & reward good,active & knowledgeable forum members.This will also give new and less experienced members a way to ask for help and not feel as reluctant to ask as they might be with a staff member.
No member should take offense to not being selected right away as there are many factors that go into the selection process.
@Chromatinfish 123 is right,this is one of the best forums I have been a member of.This new group will only make MT that much better
and personally i think most all of our new and longtime active members are "trusted members".

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
MalwareTips, this website is the best (by far ..) I found on the web, cause here reign seamless and steady freedom, thanks to Jack, and all staff members!
We can talk about everything starting of course with the web security, and ending on the pictures of waterfall with rainbows and books we love to read. The family atmosphere, help and friendship, really. That's why we grow every day.
My last word to finish well - thank you very much Jack and staff! All your decisions are welcome.
Peace to you all.

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
An excellent idea and one which I can see really taking off and encouraging the members here who have a lot of potential to share more with the community, and indeed I think it will be great for new members who will probably feel more comfortable asking questions of the Trusted Members group than asking staff members for help :)

And of course, perhaps most importantly for anyone who earns their stripes and becomes a trusted member, being able to proudly display the MT badge will encourage them to come back and continue to help out by making them feel appreciated.

Once again, a great idea! Thanks to @Jack and the team ;)

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I think staying on topic would also help in a bid for the coveted trusted members group :)
Yeah, it's a bad thing about forums in general. Especially:

(Post about ESET high RAM usage)

Member1 : Great Topic! Wonder how Bitdefender compares?
Member2: Bitdefender is higher, did you hear about Bitdefender 2015? It's lowered.
Member3: Also Autopilot in Bitdefender 2015 doesn't have that glitch anymore.
Member4: It's still buggier than Kaspersky though...
Member5: I think Trend Micro is the most stable
Member6: Nope, Tiranium is stable and offers great protection!
Member7: Wait, wasn't Tiranium advertisment in YouTube yesterday?
Member8: Yeah, I also watched a Game Of Thrones walkthrough
Member9: Clash of Clans is better!
Member10: Nope, Forge of Empires!
Me: Umm... Seriously :p

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I can already see a few members getting promoted to that group and I've been there since only a week or a week and a half now. Looks like this group is a goal to achieve here and I love goal so it's just perfect. I'm still a bit lost around the forum right now, have to get used to that mix of forum/Facebook.

But overall, nice idea so far. I wish a such group would exist on HF and other forums where I give assistance, as it would make my life so much easier as the OP would listen to me straight away and wouldn't lose them with useless/random solutions given by other wannabes. But that's just my rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.