Advanced Security Inzingor's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Oct 31, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Linux
On-device encryption
Other full-disk drive encryption software
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Not applicable - not running Windows
Smart App Control
Not applicable / not available on this device
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
FritzBox 6890 5G
Real-time protection
Eset Endpoint AntiVirus
Device firewall
Built-in Firewall for Mac/Linux
Custom security settings
AdGuard Home@Raspi + Crowdsec Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Eset Endpoint AntiVirus
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Google Chrome + AdGuard + Guardio Premium
Firefox + AdGuard + NoScript + privacy badger
Secure DNS
Quad9 Secured
Desktop VPN
AdGuard VPN, but I only use it very rarely
Password and passkey manager
Google
File and photo backups
external drive - Linux Mint Timeshift
System recovery
external drive - Linux Mint Timeshift
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
    • Gaming with third-party mods
    • Coding and development
Computer specs
CPU: Ryzen 3900, GTX 1080ti, 32GB DDR4 3600MHZ CL16, Samsung NVME 970 PRO 1TB
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

When You say here: File and Photo backup, System recovery: external drive? using any app to perform a full system image backup? any cloud apps for personal data?

Thanks for sharing :)
 
I simply recreated most of the tweaks and recommendations from here myself, as I'm always a bit skeptical. It cost me a few hours of my life, but now I know what I did and can react better if something doesn't work or broke from restrictions.

@harlan4096 i use Ashampoo Backup Pro and I actually only save my data locally
 
I have now completely switched to Linux (Mint) and updated my configuration. I also implemented a Crowdsec firewall in my network. Although it's said that Linux doesn't require antivirus, I still installed Eset Endpoint AntiVirus.
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top