IObit is Scummy

F

ForgottenSeer 85911

Sometimes, I wonder if the shoes or shirts I bought are really counterfeits. They may be products that didn't pass the Q&A phase (like having a minor defect) or low-end versions destined for lesser income markets. The quality is way to good.

i have yet to see top quality counterfeit merchandise in europe
counterfeiting is ok only in so far as it benefits the chinese
if european nation produced massive counterfeits and dumped it all on chinese markets at prices lower than local prices china would seal the border, mobilise the PLA and have them go an collect and burn all the euro made counterfeits
you know they would there is no denying it

from euroepan perspective china fights dirty because of intellectual property theft and industrial espionage
how do you feel about china stealing nuclear grade enrichment designs and them selling it to iran or north korea ?
not so harmless
well billions upon billions of stolen patent and cheap manufacture is economic warfare

all this stuff will someday result in war

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: plat and BVLon
B

BVLon

i have yet to see top quality counterfeit merchandise in europe
counterfeiting is ok only in so far as it benefits the chinese
if european nation produced massive counterfeits and dumped it all on chinese markets at prices lower than local prices china would seal the border, mobilise the PLA and have them go an collect and burn all the euro made counterfeits
you know they would there is no denying it
They definitely would.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
How hard is it to Google the make and model of your laptop and find an official support page?
All of my computers are running Windows 10, but came with Windows 7 or even Vista or XP. On the support pages, the manufacturers only provide Windows 10 drivers for one of them. So I've got many computers for which I can't get drivers from the manufacturer.
I don’t believe they’ve got the know-how, the database, the team or the channels to supply me with the latest ones.
Hopefully you realise that the official support pages won't provide the latest drivers either. Typically manufacturers stop publishing driver updates on a computer's support page, about 6 months after it is released. If you're after the most recent drivers, usually the support page is the worst place to look. One good thing about support pages is that the in general the drivers will be the correct drivers for your computer, which is very handy for some devices which require specific drivers. A friend has a laptop on which the USB 3.0 drivers from Windows Update, driver update tools and even the actual device manufacturer wouldn't work. Only the driver on the support page works. But, I have also seen a case where the audio driver on a support page was not the right one, even though it was the support page for the specific variant of the laptop I had.

Running an older video or ACPI driver won’t affect your performance and downloading the latest drivers won’t improve it either,
That's not always true. To give one example, sometimes replacing the generic storage drivers installed by Windows, with the correct OEM one will lead to a noticeable increase in storage performance. Also, contrary to what you said, updating video drivers usually leads to increased video performance. Another example is that on some of my laptops I get better sound quality, if I use the OEM sound drivers (because they have some audio enhancements) than the generic audio drivers installed by Windows.

I will say that that there is generally is no need to always have the latest drivers installed and I don't like the misleading claims put forward by publisher of driver update software, claiming that is important to keep drivers up to date and that your computer will run much faster and have fewer problems after updating to the latest drivers.

In any case, I just find it quicker and easier to use automated software to update drivers, rather than manually finding and installing each driver. I've been using driver updaters since 2004 when the first driver updater was released and I'm not about to stop anytime soon. If you're trying to convince me that I shouldn't use such software, then you are wasting your time.
Stop using them tuneup programs and you’ll see how (almost great) Windows can be.
I use tuneup programs and driver update tools and my computer runs very well. That's not said that it wouldn't run well if I didn't use any of those tools. But they are not causing any issues with my system.
Such tools usually cause serious issues and break Windows so they are useless in every case not to mention that some tools such as Iolo slowdown systems (a tools which is supposed to speed up a system slows it down, a thing that a monkey's mind cannot accept.)
The majority of them can cause issues, because the registry cleaners have issues with false positives and delete needed registry keys. However there a few such tools that don't have issues with false positives, which makes them safe to use.

Usually, System Mechanic would make a computer run faster. I've seen its Program Accelerator, make a program launch significantly faster. But it's not software that I recommend.
The funny thing is that it's still sold on some online stores 😂
That's because Norton Utilities has not been discontinued. It doesn't receive many updates anymore, but the current version was released in 2018.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.