Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Apple Support: Apple security updates
Apple Release Notes: < to be added >

iOS 13.5 speeds up access to the passcode field on devices with Face ID when you are wearing a face mask and introduces the Exposure Notification API to support COVID-19 contact tracing apps from public health authorities. This update also introduces an option to control automatic prominence of video tiles on Group FaceTime calls and includes bug fixes and other improvements.

Face ID and Passcode
  • Simplified unlock process for devices with Face ID when you are wearing a face mask
  • Passcode field automatically presented after swiping up from the bottom of the Lock screen when you are wearing a face mask
  • Also works when authenticating with the App Store, Apple Books, Apple Pay, iTunes, and other apps that support signing in with Face ID
Exposure Notification
  • Exposure Notification API to support COVID-19 contact tracing apps from public health authorities
FaceTime
  • Option to control automatic prominence on Group FaceTime calls so video tiles do not change size when a participant speaks
Emergency Services
  • Option to automatically share health and other essential information from your Medical ID with emergency services when you place an emergency call (US only)
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
  • Fixes an issue where users may see a black screen when trying to play streaming video from some websites
  • Addresses an issue in the share sheet where suggestions and actions may not load

Source: reddit.com/r/apple

Last edited:

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
For some retarded reason I can't get this update. It's literally stuck at "estimating time" for like 1 hour now. It's on WiFi and I even plugged it in. Restarted phone, nothing, stil stuck on estimating. WTF Apple?! Worked fine for every update except this one...

• Sad
Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
For some retarded reason I can't get this update. It's literally stuck at "estimating time" for like 1 hour now. It's on WiFi and I even plugged it in. Restarted phone, nothing, stil stuck on estimating. WTF Apple?! Worked fine for every update except this one...

I use the WiFI with Cloudlfare app (VPN) updated it to 12.4.7 yea im on iPhone 6 lol

Sounds like it is fixed. Still not sure if the VPN bypass bug is fixed.

No its not fixed yet what Spawn said and macrumors comments section as well ;/

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
No its not fixed yet what Spawn said and macrumors comments section as well ;/
04DF4FC6-A6DA-4021-A0A6-83FEB5A4DB11.jpeg

I guess this is what gave me the idea.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I think the mail app bug is fixed:
Mail

Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Air 2 and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch 7th generation

Impact: Processing a maliciously crafted mail message may lead to unexpected memory modification or application termination

Description: An out-of-bounds write issue was addressed with improved bounds checking.

CVE-2020-9818: ZecOps.com

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Good version .
Time to jailbreak my sister iPhone 7 13.5 to increase the performance by disabling in built dylib /services/ ) animations etc ).

If anyone has recommendation for good performance improvements I would be welcome to hear .
BTW since the botrom exploit has anyone wrote drivers to run windows Arm ?

Last edited:
Reactions: oldschool

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
iOS 13.5.1 and iPadOS 13.5.1
Released June 1, 2020

Kernel
Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Air 2 and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch 7th generation

Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges

Description: A memory consumption issue was addressed with improved memory handling.

CVE-2020-9859: unc0ver

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.