Iphone randomly opened Safari to Loyalty Amazon Program Scam

Infected operating system
IOS 16
Infected device
Iphone 12
Infected device issues
I was in the Cross Math Game app when, randomly, Safari opened up to a scam website that said Amazon Loyalty Program. I knew it was a scam, so I exited it, but shortly after, it happened again. I'm suspicious, especially since the domain of the website was .cloudfront.net.
I only downloaded the app this week, and I played it for 1 minute yesterday. Today I used it for a little longer, and then this issue began. Before, I never had any issues like this on my iPhone.
Steps taken to remove the infection
I contacted Apple, and they said that my device was not infected and there was no need to download an antivirus. I ran both TotalAV and McAfee, there weren't any viruses found. Thank you for your help.

ashv

Thread author
Nov 10, 2023
I was in the Cross Math Game app when, randomly, Safari opened up to a scam website that said Amazon Loyalty Program. I knew it was a scam, so I exited it, but shortly after, it happened again. I'm suspicious, especially since the domain of the website was .cloudfront.net. I contacted Apple, and they said that my device was not infected and there was no need to download an antivirus. I ran both TotalAV and McAfee, there weren't any viruses found.
I only downloaded the app this week, and I played it for 1 minute yesterday. Today I used it for a little longer, and then this issue began. Before, I never had any issues like this on my iPhone.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.