enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
No rom support XD .
Even a galaxy S2 has a custom Android 10 rom XD.
I bet Soon Android 11 will run on a S2 as well .
LOL.
That's the thing - you buy iPhone and you'll get 4 years official support.
You buy Android and to get the latest version of Android you need to go through rooting and custom ROM's.
Who the hell want all this hassle?

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
But none the less Im Still waiting for windows Arm support from developers to cheap ass Android phones.

Reactions: Nevi

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
And better if it doesn't have uncommon sensors/ closed source drivers)
Treble is supossed to adress that, you flash a generic image test if it works, if something is wrong write a patch and integrate it into the image and that's it. The problem maybe that the treble vendor partition has lower quality drivers.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
LOL.
That's the thing - you buy iPhone and you'll get 4 years official support.
You buy Android and to get the latest version of Android you need to go through rooting and custom ROM's.
Who the hell want all this hassle?
It takes 10 minutes to download 5 minutes to flash .
Not really a hassle 😉.

ANNOx

Level 2
Sep 26, 2020
My Iphone SE has served me good since the past four years .It is still doing great with the latest updates except for the battery life . I was also planning to upgrade to Samsung Galaxy A51 but i don't like the big screen size .Planning to go for Google Pixel 4a . All i want is comfortable screen size , a good battery life and decent specs .

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
IOS is adapted to the hardware which give you sensation of better optimization and stability. same as MacOS is best suited to Apple machines, try to put MacOS on a PC , result won't be so nice.
Android have to adapt to every hardware combination, so compromise must be made, not saying people usually install poorly coded (not to say s****y) apps on Android.

Personally i have a S10+, a Huawei Nova 3i and a Sony Xperia 2 Ultra. I don't get put crap apps on them and i don't any lags or instability on any of them.

Apple hardware price doesn't reflect the hardware quality which is all the time behind flagship androids (just look at Huawei ones, better hardware, excellent battery and stability for a way lesser price, ), not surprising they took the 2nd place from Apple.
Well, you know what they say about opinions. But if you like the phones you have good for you. ;)

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
My Iphone SE has served me good since the past four years .It is still doing great with the latest updates except for the battery life . I was also planning to upgrade to Samsung Galaxy A51 but i don't like the big screen size .Planning to go for Google Pixel 4a . All i want is comfortable screen size , a good battery life and decent specs .
Assuming you can afford I would go for the iphone 12 mini

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Planning to go for Google Pixel 4a . All i want is comfortable screen size , a good battery life and decent specs .
If you're switching to Android, the Pixel is the best choice. Other manufacturers may be cheaper, but do not guarantee a steady stream of updates. Some Chinese-brands come with preinstalled crap and adware, whereas other brands come with Facebook spyware preinstalled.

Are you going for the 4a or 4a (5G)?

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

I bought A50 in last year June. So far I have nothing bad to say. Battery life, performance are same as they were in starting. Camera and Fingerprint reader have been improved with updates. It can handle light gaming too. I used to play PUBG in high graphics until it got banned. Now CoD Mobile also runs pretty smooth. So not a bad deal for me. It is will get Android 11 update too as the moderators at Samsung community say.

Reactions: Nevi and ANNOx

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.