Battle iPhone SE Vs Samsung Galaxy A50

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Not everyone is suited to this
People from this forum are ;)

GrapheneOS? Does it invalidate warranty on new devices?
No it doesn't.

Reactions: Nevi

ANNOx

Level 2
Sep 26, 2020
If you're switching to Android, the Pixel is the best choice. Other manufacturers may be cheaper, but do not guarantee a steady stream of updates. Some Chinese-brands come with preinstalled crap and adware, whereas other brands come with Facebook spyware preinstalled.

Are you going for the 4a or 4a (5G)?
I don't think most of us are going to get 5g tech at least for another few years . I think 4a is fine for a couple of years and i can upgrade in two-three years when 5g tech is widely available .

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I don't use GrapheneOS but I will try it when support for Pixel 4a arrives.
Yes apps with google services won't work also Banking and payment app. For warranty I don't think it voids the warranty.
You're suggesting that users install a ROM that 1. You don't currently use and 2. may break apps they may need ie. mobile banking or YouTube, what a brilliant idea.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
People from this forum are ;)

No it doesn't.
Are you sure? How many here use iOS and manufacturers Android?

Graphene OS only supports a very limited range of devices..... after the user buys from the Google Store (or reseller). "Let's buy from the devil itself".

Reactions: ANNOx
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Graphene OS only supports a very limited range of devices..... after the user buys from the Google Store (or reseller). "Let's buy from the devil itself".
GrapheneOS only supports devices which meet high requirements. Not specially only Google but if none other vendor step up, that never change.

Also if you start with "devil" then apple is too.

may break apps they may need ie. mobile banking or YouTube, what a brilliant idea.
Only apps which needs Google services won't work. All others work.
Even some apps which say they need, works - but of course restricted.

Reactions: Nevi

Cleo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
I hate my iPhone SE 2020. I'll sell it as soon as I can be bothered switching all my apps over to Android.

I'd love to have seen a company like Texas Instruments launch a mobile phone with a custom extreme OS. They could have easily teamed up with QNX to make a kick ass hardened pocket computer but Blackberry got in first and got them to develop their Black Channel Comms infrastructure. Oh well.

Sirin's FINNEY will be my next phone.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Consumers don't spend their earned $400+ on an iPhone to then jailbreak it and make it more exploitable.

Users trust the ecosystem that Apple has enabled, whilst maintaining maximum usability and working levels of privacy.
What? I don't speak about jailbreaking nor exploits.
Don't know why you do.

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

You're suggesting that users install a ROM that 1. You don't currently use and 2. may break apps they may need ie. mobile banking or YouTube, what a brilliant idea.
I never suggested anyone to install GrapheneOS. I was saying that Google Pixel 4a will support GrapheneOS i near future as per GrapheneOS Developer. As very few devices support GrapheneOS. I never said that "You should install GrapheneOS" or "You should try out GrapheneOS".
GrapheneOS FAQ
The recommended devices with the best hardware, firmware and software security along with the longest future support time are the Pixel 4 and 4 XL. Once it's supported, the Pixel 4a will also be recommended.
That was what I wanted to say.
Also if there is a device which support a specific OS so what is wrong if I tell the owner that this device support this specific OS. If person is interested in that he/she can use that. This is the whole point of forums doesn't it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I never suggested anyone to install GrapheneOS.
1603025597181.png

What? I don't speak about jailbreaking nor exploits.
Don't know why you do.
What's your issue with stock Android?
If users really wanted to make a meaningful impact, don't buy Google Pixel, don't support Android (AOSP).

Kudos the founders of GrapheneOS, shame about the sheep.

Reactions: ANNOx and Nevi
F

ForgottenSeer 78429

View attachment 247493

What's your issue with stock Android?
If users really wanted to make a meaningful impact, don't buy Google Pixel, don't support Android (AOSP).

I think you are not getting it. I will try to explain better. I said exactly " You can install GrapheneOS too."
Because only a few phones supports GrapheneOS for now and Pixel 4a will be one of devices with long support. Also GrapheneOS is much better for privacy focused user. So if someone wants a better privacy friendly OS due to any reasons then being a Pixel user would be better than Samsung or Redmi one. Maybe better than Apple.
I assume that you are not against GrapheneOS as but against suggesting it.😒

Cleo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
It just feels like a huge rip off. More so than I was expecting anyway. It adds almost nothing beyond my old SE except a slightly larger screen and future proofing my app store experience for a few years. Basically keeping me mid stream in the Apple ecosystem ..if that's "good" - i think the rate Apple makes apps obsolete is ridiculous. My old old OnePlus One that I had in high school still runs all the new apps and has as good of a battery life... well better than my SE 2020's battery life.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

My old old OnePlus One that I had in high school still runs all the new apps and has as good of a battery life...
With a highly insecure & outdated system and far less hardware, yes.

But to be fair I never own a iPhone so I can't say anything about their battery. Did you check which apps use too much? Or is the battery itself the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

ANNOx

Level 2
Sep 26, 2020
The iPhone SE (2020) is powered by 1821 mAh battery . Although the battery is well managed by the software it barely lasts a day . The screen size is too small for anything useful . After using iphone SE for plus four years i feel there are better options in the same price range . Changing operating system every some years is not a bad idea for privacy as well . Everyone has different needs so i guess use whatever you are happy with .

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
If I should buy anything else than Iphone, I would probably go with OnePlus. It's amazing what those Chinese can stuff into those phones to that price. 🤔

Reactions: ANNOx
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

If I should buy anything else than Iphone, I would probably go with OnePlus. It's amazing what those Chinese can stuff into those phones to that price. 🤔
Because they track you and don't care about security or privacy.
Also they lack support for updates and devices get fast EoL.
(In the past I own a OnePlus 2, my girlfriend the 3T and a friend even the 1, so I know what I'm talking about).

Also see

&

Reactions: ANNOx and Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.