Advice Request IPS or VA-Panel?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

nclr11111

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
Looking to buy a new monitor for use in addition to my present AOC 2369V which is an IPS.
I really like the monitor but it´s not possible to buy this very model anymore.

So now i´m looking at other IPS-monitors around 23.6"-24" but also reading up on VA-panels as they seems to be a possible candidate as well. At least A-MVA and S-PVA.
Unfortinately i´m looking for a cheap monitor (~$100-150) so S-PVA is out of the question!
The monitor will mainly be used for surfing/Photoshop/World Of Tanks etc. so no or very little FPS-gaming! Therefor TN-panels are not interesting.

What panels do you use and what are your thoughts about IPS vs VA-panels? If you have specific monitors to recommend i´d be very happy!

//NCLR

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
IPS>VA>TN especially for what you are using it for.

I use IPS and will always buy IPS until they figure something better which atm VA it's not.

About specific monitor i usually buy LG for the 0 day pixels policy.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I vote IPS, but unsure if there are any IPS at that price and screen size. I'm personally waiting for the holiday sale and maybe BenQ or Asus swift will go down in price.

Glad to see another WoT player!!!!!
You can certainly find them(60Hz). Maybe not the latest models but who cares. They change the design of the base and maybe the bezel and that's it.

nclr11111

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
IPS of course. Good options are :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0148NNKTC/

or

AOC - Style I2481FXH 23.8" IPS LCD HD Monitor - Black

Acer cannot tilt towards or away from you, but it's IPS...viewing angles are excellent. I have seen AOC one live, it's beautiful. Don't expect extraordinary quality for that price range tho...
The Acer is ~$200 here, so it´s a little bit over my range. Maybe the AOC though, it´s ~$160.
But i´m really thinking of this one. I can get this for ~$150.....

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
The Acer is ~$200 here, so it´s a little bit over my range. Maybe the AOC though, it´s ~$160.
But i´m really thinking of this one. I can get this for ~$150.....
It's fine but first learn their dead pixel policy. You don't want a new monitor with a few black dots on it.

EDIT: Found it and it's 3-5. So i buy a new monitor and it has 2 dead pixels but Asus tells me 2 it's cool don't worry about it. Your eyes will learn to ignore it. Would never buy this but if you buy and it has them DOA it and ask for your money back.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
IPS is a must cause it can provide good color reproduction at any viewing angles compare to VA-Panel.

That is the reason why so many manufacturers aligned to incorporate IPS since the quality and reliability is exist.

You can check monitor from ASUS. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.