Q&A Is Advanced SystemCare Safe when im only using the CleanUp Tools?

Bundled with PUP
None

Question

Level 3
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Avast
I like the ASC UI thats why Im asking.
I think it will work if I only use the cleanup functions right?
Also, I want to use version 10.4 (block the program via firewall) what do you think?
And sorry for my bad English.

roger_m

Level 17
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Panda
Current versions of ASC as safe to use and won't cause any issue. However, I would advise against enabling deep scan in the registry cleaner, if you are using ASC Pro, as it has the potential to cause problems.

The current version is 11.4 and it would be better to use that then an old version.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 6
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
F-Secure
it has cons, too many megas of installation, many junk executables and dll files that are not necessary at their folder,
too takes grandadminstrator rights by doing bypass in uac, install boot drivers, creates services and unnecessary automatic tasks, requires internet connection, & leave many backup traces at sentitive folders:
c:\windows\system32\config\******.iobit
C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\*****.iobit
C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\****.iobit
C:\Users\youruser\ntuser.
I think it's oil instead of water in the veins of windows.

Question

Level 3
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Avast
Current versions of ASC as safe to use and won't cause any issue. However, I would advise against enabling deep scan in the registry cleaner, if you are using ASC Pro, as it has the potential to cause problems.

The current version is 11.4 and it would be better to use that then an old version.
Can I enable the Turbo Boost safe?

stefanos

Level 7
Verified
OS
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Kaspersky
I like the ASC UI thats why Im asking.
I think it will work if I only use the cleanup functions right?
Also, I want to use version 10.4 (block the program via firewall) what do you think?
And sorry for my bad English.
I use it for 12 years. I never had a problem. For me it is a very good program. Just instal the new version.

OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Zemana
ASC from IOBit for me is crapware because he cause too much troubles and problems than fixing them, i preffer use System Mechanic Free with free 6 months of giveaway's cuz System Mechanic is much better than ASC.

Question

Level 3
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Avast

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
OS
Linux
Antivirus
Isolation
I use cleanmgr.exe, and TarikuOkami.bat once a month before doing system images.

Anyway, I think many people nowadays use their custom solutions, both for malware cleaning and windows cleaning, like bmrf/tron

Few companies, still have my trust for not malvertising me.

Question

Level 3
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Avast
I use cleanmgr.exe, and TarikuOkami.bat once a month before doing system images.

Anyway, I think many people nowadays use their custom solutions, both for malware cleaning and windows cleaning, like bmrf/tron

Few companies, still have my trust for not malvertising me.
Can you send me Links for this Programs?

roger_m

Level 17
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Panda
Why is the newest Version better?
It has some improvements and bug fixes, as you would expect, with a newer version. I can't think of any good reason to use an old version.

However, v10 should be save to use, as I far as I can recall, that version was released, after I got IObit to fix false positives with the registry cleaner.

Question

Level 3
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Avast
It has some improvements and bug fixes, as you would expect, with a newer version. I can't think of any good reason to use an old version.

However, v10 should be save to use, as I far as I can recall, that version was released, after I got IObit to fix false positives with the registry cleaner.
And whats About Clean Uninstall? Can I uninstall it safetly with Revo and its gone?

carsten ibsen

Level 22
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Bitdefender
I would strongly advise against that particular piece of software,
it broke my system and I had to reinstall Windows:mad:
I use WiseCare 365 Pro instead(much better IMO)